96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

OK thanks... I'll have to look for "Heidi".

Kevin

If you are still following - Heidi works at the Pool Bar on sea days and also at the On Air Bar at night after the CL closes. She is very good. Had the Chocolate Martini and Espresso Martini, they are to die for. Wish she was here now to make a few.....

Thanks for your awesome review, we board next week. Lala in all of the pics with your hair down your hair looks fabulous even in the wind. I have a similar style/cut and usually look a mess. What is your secret? Please be specific I will purchase your recommended products for my upcoming cruise. My hair looks good for about 5 minutes and terrible in all my pics.

She got it flat ironed before we left

Never let it get wet

She uses this when blow drying

1cc2572e36d2c022ab5b0eb25c424da1.jpg

b09245831c7efbd12a080df3a2a533a5.jpg

Paul Mitchell Smoothing

Super Skinny Serum

That's about it.

12a870ca8d9013b7cbe7bb571379ba8d.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetocruisee View Post

OK thanks... I'll have to look for "Heidi".

Kevin

If you are still following - Heidi works at the Pool Bar on sea days and also at the On Air Bar at night after the CL closes. She is very good. Had the Chocolate Martini and Espresso Martini, they are to die for. Wish she was here now to make a few.....

Thanks... I will copy this... and look (and say "hi"):D

Kevin

Enjoy Freedom Fred.
Thanks Bill! I haven't been on Freedom since 2008 so it will be a nice change of pace from the last 8 on Oasis class.

I did switch today to a Deck 12 balcony cabin so I'm looking forward to the new'ish cabin and location. I think I'll be spending a lot of time under the solarium bridge as well. :)

Edited by The Grumpus

John, did you see how I did it as a separate thread. Here's a link to check it out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2400651&highlight=allure+compasses

Yes, I saw and will be doing it that way also. Freedom only uses 4 pages, vs the 6 that the big girls produce. Thanks again

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

John, did you see how I did it as a separate thread. Here's a link to check it out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2400651&highlight=allure+compasses

Andrew, I have a question. How do you size the pics on the fly so they aren't so massive. I always hate messing up the scroll bar on smaller screens. I think you explained it previously

Nope, sorry. The DL has benefits as well. It's larger, better view, etc..

But it doesn't have Heidi. :(

Heidi is the best. We went to see her every night instead of the D lounge. The espresso martinis are just awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Andrew, I have a question. How do you size the pics on the fly so they aren't so massive. I always hate messing up the scroll bar on smaller screens. I think you explained it previously

Hi John.

This is what I did. I used the Tapatalk App, and did the following process. I clicked the camera icon in the bottom left that allowed me to access my iPad camera and I then I took a photo. It then prompts you to what image size you want to publish it in. I size it in the largest image size seeing as they are only for the compasses and it is easier to read in a larger format. It also doesn't oversize the image for internet explorer users.

It will look like this for the sizing option.

82762d563b4ec7c730a1dc51f5088515.jpg

I leave an empty line between each photo like below.

a1f7249a6affd148163ec20dcafd1121.jpg

I then took the next photo of page two of the Compass, and then the rest of the pages of the compass until the "Day" was completed. I always put a line space between each inserted photo before hitting posting/reply.

Allure has 6 pages to the compass, which is the maximum photos allowed to be inserted per post in the Tapatalk CC App. That is why I posted the kids daily compass separately. I personally think it is nice to have separation between the adults and kids compasses for each day.

Try using the test forum first to see if it works for you and you can always delete it quickly if you make a mistake before it hits the main RC boards. I used it a lot as I don't like to make mistakes. I also check/look at the tests posts in the App and Internet Explorer to see that they have posted properly. Since there is an Edit window time frame it is better to catch problems when they can still be edited.

I hope I explained it properly and that this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont

Good stuff, thanks. You gave excellent instructions. Will this work for existing photos? Lots of mine come via my Canon Dslr

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I only use my iPhone/iPad cameras for my live reviews using photos posted directly from them. At the end of the day when I do my live review I will email pics from my iPhone to my iPad and them save them onto the larger device. It is a lot easier to post responses from my iPad than a smaller iPhone.

If/can you can get the images from your camera to your device and then post them in the Tapatalk App. I haven't used a DSLR in ages and avoid using photo bucket if I can help it. That being said it is an option. Perhaps another CCer has a better suggestion on posting them.

I brought the compasses home and pictured/posted them all in about 1.5 hours and had dinner at the same time. I think next cruise I will post the compasses in their dedicated thread at the end of every day in a couple of minutes versus dragging them home and doing it after the fact.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I only use my iPhone/iPad cameras for my live reviews using photos posted directly from them. At the end of the day when I do my live review I will email pics from my iPhone to my iPad and them save them onto the larger device. It is a lot easier to post responses from my iPad than a smaller iPhone.

If/can you can get the images from your camera to your device and then post them in the Tapatalk App. I haven't used a DSLR in ages and avoid using photo bucket if I can help it. That being said it is an option. Perhaps another CCer has a better suggestion on posting them.

I brought the compasses home and pictured/posted them all in about 1.5 hours and had dinner at the same time. I think next cruise I will post the compasses in their dedicated thread at the end of every day in a couple of minutes versus dragging them home and doing it after the fact.

I have a WiFi card in my camera that seamlessly transfers the pics to my phone. It's really easy.

I'm not seeing the prompt to select a size yet, but still playing with it.

Edited by John&LaLa

I have a WiFi card in my camera that seamlessly transfers the pics to my phone. It's really easy.

I'm not seeing the prompt to select a size yet, but still playing with it.

Good luck with it John. If I lived closer I'd pop in to try and help you out. :)

If you happened to still have the compasses you could re-shoot them and post directly from your device. It might save time, if you still had them.

Good luck with it John. If I lived closer I'd pop in to try and help you out. :)

If you happened to still have the compasses you could re-shoot them and post directly from your device. It might save time, if you still had them.

All of your neighbors should be arriving in December and January. I think there is still one Flowrider in Orlando. ;)

Oh, I finished the compasses ages ago. Just scanned them, they are kind of big, though. Image link via Shutterfly

Edited by John&LaLa

Link to the Cruise compasses. Thanks again Andrew

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51039716

After I finish this, I am coming back on last time to share my views on MDR

John, I am trying to locate your Cruise Compasses for the Freedom but it takes me to one page with a link to your LIVE posts and not the compasses. Am I missing them somewhere? Thanks in advance!

John, I am trying to locate your Cruise Compasses for the Freedom but it takes me to one page with a link to your LIVE posts and not the compasses. Am I missing them somewhere? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, this should work.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51039716

I think at the top of the single post you went to earlier is a link to go to the other posts. Hard to see because of the header color. Anyway, the one above works fine