7 ships in port the day we are in Cozumel

Sooo...there will be 7 ships in port the day we are in Cozumel. I do not plan on buying an excursion beforehand - we would just like to take a cab to Chankanaab or Paradise Beach. Anyone think we will be turned away at either place from them reaching capacity??

TIA :):):)

Sooo...there will be 7 ships in port the day we are in Cozumel. I do not plan on buying an excursion beforehand - we would just like to take a cab to Chankanaab or Paradise Beach. Anyone think we will be turned away at either place from them reaching capacity??

Reserve a spot at Nachi Cocum and don't worry if 12 ships are in port. They take 100 people total, it's a 10 min cab ride and a near perfect experience for Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never seen anything about those two locations having capacity issues. Paradise might have a max capacity, but I've never seen anything about it. Chankanaab having so many activities inside the park, it be hard to say. Even if they don't stop letting guest in, it's things like getting chairs, how big are the crowds, waiters, bathroom condition, etc.

If I were you I would look at what time each ship arrives. We are going over Thanksgiving and there will be 5 ships in port. We get in second, a full hour before ships 3 and 4, and like 5 hours before ship 5. Ship 1 leaves as ship 5 arrives. So we are going to head straight to whatever beach we choose. I figure we can beat most of the crowds to the spot.

Good luck. Have fun.

Reserve a spot at Nachi Cocum and don't worry if 12 ships are in port. They take 100 people total, it's a 10 min cab ride and a near perfect experience for Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With that many ships in port I would also vote for Nachi. A VERY reasonable price considering it is inclusive of food and drink. Nice beach, pool with bar, activities for purchase (parasailing, etc), and never crowded.

With that many ships in port I would also vote for Nachi. A VERY reasonable price considering it is inclusive of food and drink. Nice beach, pool with bar, activities for purchase (parasailing, etc), and never crowded.

Another vote for Nachi. Good food, plentiful drinks delivered by your waiter, palapas umbrella providing shade over your lounger.... and no crowds to fight....

We are on the Breeze with you:). We've been to Chankanaab when there were 5 or 6 ships in port. We were one of the later ships to arrive and by the time we got there, the only seats left were plastic molded lounge chairs, with no shade. My kids and husband were in the water most of the time so they weren't too upset. It was way too hot for me and I wouldn't go back there with that many ships in port.

A few weeks ago we were at Paradise Beach for the first time. We really enjoyed it so we may just try our luck there. We'll plan to get off the ship as soon as we can and head there. From the website I'm looking at, it looks like most of the 7 ships in port that day have an 8 am arrival.

We are on this trip with 2 other families with younger kids so we are also looking at Playa Mia which also has water inflatables. My kids are 8 and 13 so the water inflatables are what they want to do.

We like to go to Mr Sanchos and when we where last there only 4 ships in port and we where turned away. With 7 i would definatly book ahead of time.

Sounds like a day for Playa Azul ,free pool and use of the facilities at the hotel.

no crowds to fight ,just a nice relaxing location.

playa-azul-view-2.jpg.1920x807_0_134_10000.jpg

Check out Playa Palancar. It's further away from town ($25 taxi ride) but I've never seen it very crowded.

Shhhhh, stop mentioning that place. Very few cruisers know about it. Been going there for 5-6 years and very rarely is it busy. But now that you've mentioned it, it'll be packed now! :D