7 ships in port the day we are in Cozumel

Sooo...there will be 7 ships in port the day we are in Cozumel. I do not plan on buying an excursion beforehand - we would just like to take a cab to Chankanaab or Paradise Beach. Anyone think we will be turned away at either place from them reaching capacity??

TIA :):):)

It's a great time to stay on the empty ship and stay away from all those people.

Edited by riclop

You can take the ferry to Playa Del Carmen for $18 rt pp. Xcaret and Rio Secreto are great places to spend the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would Not recommend doing this on such a short visit! One of the #1 ports where pax miss the ship is Cozumel with many of those being because of the sometimes inconsistent arrival/departures of the ferry (winds or waves pick up while on the mainland). If you are planning Playa deal Carmen, you really should do it with a tour or MAYBE (big ?) if it was a Cozumel plus itinerary with a late departure...

We have been to Cozumel 18 times so this suggestion is for seasoned cruises. And of course we are always mindful of the time. The ferry is 35-40 minutes each way and we usually only spend 3-4 hours in Playa.

We have been to Cozumel 18 times so this suggestion is for seasoned cruises. And of course we are always mindful of the time. The ferry is 35-40 minutes each way and we usually only spend 3-4 hours in Playa.

I LOVE Playa deal Carment,MWF flew down and spent 5 days there... We have over 70 cruises and you are braver than I am!.. Know of too many pax that missed the ship because the ferry did not arrive on time or could not go because of seas or mechanical issues... I still can't say I would recommend this for a family with kids and limited time in port... Wished they still stopped in Calica... Port was a joke, but being able to Playa, Excaret and ruins easily was AWSOME!

Edited by poz222

Sorry if I am hijacking your thread - about how many people does Mr. Sanchos have there on a busy day? It looks like we will be there with 6 ships as well. Is Nachi better (or worse) than Mr. Sanchos?

Thanks!

Sorry if I am hijacking your thread - about how many people does Mr. Sanchos have there on a busy day? It looks like we will be there with 6 ships as well. Is Nachi better (or worse) than Mr. Sanchos?

Thanks!

Depends on what you want. A restful day at an uncrowded beach, go with Nachi. A more lively atmosphere and more beach toys for the kids? Mr Sancho is your spot. They are actuality next door to each other, so the taxi ride is the same cost to either place. I don't think you would go wrong with either place. I have found that YouTube is great for helping to see what each place is like. Whatever choice, have a great cruise :-)

Edited by Raxter54

At first I was hesitant to switch, we'd been to Mr Sanchos and Playa Mia several times and were invited to try Nachi Cocum.

Once we got past the inflatables absence we were hooked. In February I walked down to beach to Mr Sancho's and it looked like summer camp. Not a criticism, but they are different.

Passion Island is super, but it requires that vomit comet boat to get you there. Once you've arrived the time goes by too fast.

Ok, since Nachi and Sanchos are down the beach from each other....can you walk to one from the other? I booked at Nachi, but say my child gets bored, is it possible to go and pay to use the waterpark?

Sure you can ,I have walked it several times. Even further up the beach from Nachi is a place called Allegro Cozumel Resort all inclusive , now that my friends is paradise :D. Several pools to choose from ,even a kiddie type pool .

How can you find out what port your ship will dock at in Cozumel since there are 3 different docks, and how did you find out how many ships will be at the port on a given day?

As far as I know Carnival only uses Puerta Maya pier, but I not 100% positive.

Here is a link where you can look up 2016 schdule by pier.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2016.html#nov

So I may just wind up purchasing non all inclusive passes to Playa Mia or Chankanaab (via Shore Excursioneer). Leaning towards Play Mia because of the water toys.

I've been to Playa Mia for a cooking class (which was EXCELLENT) and took these pictures of the playground and beach. These were taken in November 2015.

Sorry these are so small but I can't figure out how to attach them in the body of the post.

IMG_5241.jpg.91f0521c3626803b9bb57e4a1e92dad7.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg.a4f25e5199172ad121c25471cc90880c.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg.faebd0c5b9ed749d72b80b5ac2d932f5.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg.e1fb6ad8952b4afc42203fc36126769c.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg.302880843c47c9f2fbef3b62104a9a1d.jpg

Edited by TX Catty Cruiser