Sip-n-sail v. 3 for free

sterling2

We sat down with the onboard Future Cruise Rep last month to figure out which was the most beneficial to us for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise.

The bottom line is we saved around $700 by switching to the 3 for Free.

And no, we don't consume much alcohol on our cruises. Maybe a drink a day if that.

Our 28 day cruise hasn't gone down with the 3 for Free. It's actually showing as $100 more per person than when we booked under the Sip n Sail. Given $200 extra cost for the cabin and the $300 OBC with the 3 for Free vs the $3,155 AIBP with the Sip n Sail there is no contest.

We're on your cruise and I guess whether it went down depended on cabin category.

We're in an aft (B4 I think) and the price did go down considerably.

I did all the math and decided that even if it was a little more we would enjoy all of those sea days with the unlimited drink package so have not changed though.

We booked our Panama Canal Cruise for Feb 2018 under the Sip n'Sail promo (we booked a balcony cabin)

We have never had the package before, but I am thinking that with all the sea days, it will be a valuable commodity.

Friends booked an inside cabin so did not qualify for sip n sail. They changed their booking to the 3 for free. Saved $500 on the fare, plus the gratuities.

It is a 15 day cruise. so well worth it for them to switch.

For us, unless the rate goes down enough to be able to pay for the beverage package, it doesn't make sense to switch.

Happy Cruising!!!!

We booked a Jan 2018 cruise on the Regal under the sip and sail promo. We are having to fly from AZ to FL, and it's great we won't have to add the expense of a beverage package. We had the AIDP in Feb and it paid for it self after day 3! It was so nice to have whatever we wanted to drink when we wanted to drink it. This girl usually buys $5 wine, so i felt super indulgent enjoying a nice $10/glass!

ENJOY!:)

Krozulo;If you can save $1000, I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't switch. Especially if you won't get full use of the AIBP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree - booked Feb 2018 Panama with 3FF - IMO way better actual net savings $ (over $1100) when comparing AIBP to 3FF - but may differ for others.

I have a question about the perk of the free stateroom upgrade. It says you book the cabin you want and only pay for the lowest priced cabin in that category. So if I book the highest priced balcony, I only pay the price of the lowest priced balcony? I know it should be pretty straight forward, but I've never booked under this promo before.

I have a question about the perk of the free stateroom upgrade. It says you book the cabin you want and only pay for the lowest priced cabin in that category. So if I book the highest priced balcony, I only pay the price of the lowest priced balcony? I know it should be pretty straight forward, but I've never booked under this promo before.

More or less ... some exceptions apply. If you check the price of the cabin on Princess' website, you'll see if it's the same price as the least expensive cabin pretty easily.