We're Here!!! On VOLENDAM awnd Loving It!!

sail7seas

Sail,

I'm so glad that you are continuing to enjoy the ship. Now see, didn't we tell you that the Volendam was something very special? :D By any chance, do you have Dodit as your room steward?

Hi Sage....

No he isn't our cabin steward. We have a wonderful fellow named Adi taking beautiful care of us. He's wonderful and I sure wish I could 'pack him in my suitcase' to bring home with us. :)

Volendam is a very beautiful ship with a fabulous crew and we will be sad to leave.

sail, since you weren't posting I knew you were sailing, but it's good to hear from you that all is well. I'm happy that it all worked out for you, the2ofus, and for so many others.

No need to answer while you're still enjoying yourself, but I will want to know which Big Band is playing, and how you find them. Oh, and just how much they play! When I had a Big Band cruise they played a great deal in many venues.

Thanks for checking in.

Hi Ruth....

We had forgotten it was a Big Band Cruise until we went to the Crows Nest early in the cruise and heard this fantastic 13 piece Harry James Band playing. They had a nice singer with them and performed almost everynight in the Crowsnest. They played at one of our sailaways at Lido Pool. Also at Lido Pool, they played the night of the deck barbeque.

Loads of people enjoyed dancing and we counted at least 3 dance hosts onboard for this cruise. They were dancing every dance and 'gave all the [interested] ladies' a chance for a dance or two. We thoroughly enjoyed their music and especially were happy that we never encountered any venue that was closed to anyone because the Big Band crowd was have a private event. If such things were going on, it never bothered us in any way.

Ahhhhhhhh! (the sound of a deep inhale) The Harry James Band! Oh I'm so jealous!

Yes, they do sound fantastic, don't they. And 13 pieces! Wow.

Thank you for posting this.

Has the cruise ended, or is there still a day or two? Sorry, but I've lost track. In any case have a safe trip home.

Hi Sail, so sorry we didn't get a chance to meet you. It was a lovely cruise wasn't it? I'm glad the Master Chef's dinner worked out better for you than it did for us. Our waiter was so busy with the production numbers that two at our table didn't get the appetizer, he didn't have a clue what was in the moose, might be salmon, and then he completely forgot to take one person's order. It was definitely not one of our more enjoyable dinners. We had the best cabin steward ever and we also thought Sheila was a delight!

Marie....I, too, am sorry we didn't meet. We were making so many alternative air reservations prior to our going I forgot to try to make a plan of how to meet with you.

"the2of us" and I met for coffee one morning in Lido and had a nice chat. She's a delightful lady. We ran into each other aboard the ship several times during the cruise and was always nice seeing her.

I'm really sorry to hear what a bad experience you had at Master Chef's Dinner. That is unacceptible and we would not have been happy with such bad service.

It was a nice cruise and we had a wonderful time.

Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet aboard another 'dam' ship sometime.

Archived