Electrical Outlets on MSC Splendida

suzanne73

HI All,

I am going on the MSC Splendida in mid September. I was wondering what kind of electrical outlets there are in the room. Are they American or European? I just want to know if I have to bring adapters with me. Also anyone know how many plugs are in a suite?

Thank you!!

Electricity on board all ships is supplied at a voltage of 110/220 V in the cabin. Guests may request electrical outlet adapters from the Information Office.

Please note that no heat-generating devices (like electric kettles, hair straighteners, bottle warmer for babies, electric blanket, etc.) are allowed on-board. All cabins come equipped with a hair dryer, and baby bottle warmers are available throughout the ship.

In a Fantastica Balcony there are about 6 outlets from memory

yes, thank you for the reply.

Last year I was on a Norwegian cruise and it had an one American plug and one European one. Three years ago I was on another one of their ships and they had only one European plug in the whole room and had no more adapters to lend out. I picked one up in a port. Also I was on a Costa and they only had one European plug. I like to bring my plugs with me so I don't have to depend on the boat or go out and buy them. Six was a lot! I never had that many in a room.

I know every boat is different. I was curious about the Spendida.

Thank you!

So it seems that MSC have two x 110V EU sockets, and two x 240V European sockets.

As most of our things charge via USB these days (camera, iPhone, iPad, toothbrush, Apple Watch) we bring an Anker 6-port USB charger with us. That allows Alex and I to charge out iPhone and Apple Watch every night, plus top up whatever combination of other devices as required with the remaining two ports.

No straighteners!!!! Think I may need to cancel my cruise!!! [emoji33] first time cruisers going on Splendida March 2017 is this true?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took my straighteners and hot air brush on MSC Orchestra in July without any problem.

yes, we have them. Called a power strip here. Both Costa cruise line and Norwegian Cruise line frowned on them. You aren't suppose to have them in your room. Does MSC allow them?

We are also on Splendida in sept. We get on in Southampton on sept 14th.

I think what they are describing is actually not a power strip, but a (what Amazon.com calls a "mini travel charger") which doesn't have cord...it plugs directly into outlet and has 3 or 4 plugs on it, as well as usb charging ports in the end.

That's what we use and really love it.

• 3 months later...
So it seems that MSC have two x 110V EU sockets, and two x 240V European sockets.

As most of our things charge via USB these days (camera, iPhone, iPad, toothbrush, Apple Watch) we bring an Anker 6-port USB charger with us. That allows Alex and I to charge out iPhone and Apple Watch every night, plus top up whatever combination of other devices as required with the remaining two ports.

Can anyone confirm this? I am American so I will need a plug adapter right? I currently have a travel charger with 3 outlets and 2 USBs. That 6 USB looks great but the hubby has camera batteries charger that needs a real plug.

We will be in a Fantastica balcony room in just a few weeks.