Booking with RCI online or Big Box online

Does anyone have any idea why the price of a cruise would be over $1500 more expensive with RCI online than using my online warehouse club travel site. I'm looking at a cruise on Anthem next March, in a junior suite, for 3 people. When booking with RCI it says it's $1223 per person plus taxes. Then it gives you a total of $5200 for 3 people. When using the warehouse club it's 37 and change. I don't think the club has blocked a group of rooms because it's the same cabin. Other than RCI having a wonderful IT department, does anyone have any ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This just happened to me. As I researched the price of our upcoming cruise, the online i travel site consistently comes up with a price for the same cabin at least $200 lower than the RCCL site for an ocean view. Also, other sites are much easier to navigate and give much better info on which cabins are actually available than RCCL's site. This is the first time I have not booked direct with RCCL, their price was so out of line.

What about trying several online travel sites?? Might help with some insight.

Maybe you are missing something in the site you are using.

I would also suggest a trusted travel agent. Tell her what you are finding on the online travel site. Sometimes they can't beat the price, but you have to decide if you are comfortable being completely on your own when traveling, or if you would like someone to call if you need help.

A TA might be able to tell you the difference in the two prices.

Just a thought