You Guessed It... Another Atlantis Thread

k_immi_e

So we are going to be in Nassau beginning of October. We really want to do the Atlantis Aquaventure (waterpark). We are torn on how to book it. Three options:

1. Thru the cruiseline at $179.00 each includes a tour, transportation and a lunch

2. Thru resortforaday.com at $150.00 each... waterpark and beach access only

3. Thru Atlantis Directly via their website at $120.00 each.

There are plus and minuses to each.

Like if we book it thru the ship, if there are any issues getting back, ship waits for us. BUT reading the reviews on Carnivals site, the issue is not enough time there. THat you get there almost at 10 & then have to go thru a tour, and lines are long by the time you actually get to a slide, so by the time you start having fun, you have to go.

But, booking thru the other two options, they will save some costs, can go over as soon as we can get off the ship and get in line for the slides, but the rainy day cancellation policy for both sucks. We are going towards the tail end of hurricane season, and for the non-ship booking methods, the excursion is rain or shine, while the ship, you will get a refund if it gets cancelled.

There are only 2 ships in port the day we are there, so that works in our favor of not as long of lines... but still want to do as much as possible since this will probably be our only time ever going.

What are your experiences?!

I'd book through Atlantis. It's so easy to hop in a cab to get there. We booked through the ship once ($100), and were lucky we got right off of the ship and into waiting vans, and were on the property by 9 (ditched the tour ASAP). We have also done it through comfort suites. At the time, Atlantis didn't offer passes on their website (this is a new thing).

Do you guys know their rain policy? That is really the only thing I am worried about when it comes to booking outside the ship. We will be there October 5th (Hurricane Season) and I can cancel up until 9/21 without penalty, but if the park closes the day of due to weather, I am not sure if I will get my money back. I cant find any info on their site.

I don't want it to sell out ahead of time, which is why I want to book now. Price has dropped to $100 a person via Atlantis! So I definitely would like to go that way.

Edited by k_immi_e

Do you guys know their rain policy? That is really the only thing I am worried about when it comes to booking outside the ship. We will be there October 5th (Hurricane Season) and I can cancel up until 9/21 without penalty, but if the park closes the day of due to weather, I am not sure if I will get my money back. I cant find any info on their site.

I don't want it to sell out ahead of time, which is why I want to book now. Price has dropped to $100 a person via Atlantis! So I definitely would like to go that way.

If it's only $100, book through princess. If they give you wristbands at the pier, you can always just take a cab ((although we didn't have to wait long for NCL's transfers). But the $1 water bottles vendors are selling. Get familiar with the layout ahead of time, ditch the tour, and if you want lockers, head there first.

If it's only $100, book through princess. If they give you wristbands at the pier, you can always just take a cab ((although we didn't have to wait long for NCL's transfers). But the $1 water bottles vendors are selling. Get familiar with the layout ahead of time, ditch the tour, and if you want lockers, head there first.

We are traveling on Carnival. Its $179 thru their site right now and includes a lunch & transportation and a money back guarantee for weather.

Thats where I am personally conflicted right now... the weather policies. LOL just wanted everyone elses opinion and experience.

We did not go to Atlantis because we were afraid of the cancellation policy at Comfort Suites which would have been $120pp. Someone I was talking to on our cruise went straight to Atlantis when the ship docked and was able to get a $99 pass for the day. That might be an idea for October since I wouldn't think that is a busy time. Of course, if you do that, you are taking the risk that it will be booked.

One thing to keep in mind when booking with Atlantis directly for that $120, if your cruise ship changes itineraries which happened twice this week you will not get a refund and passes are only valid on that excursion date. It would be beneficial to have a cruise insurance in that case.

It's a tough decision on what it's worth to save a few $$, if I am in a situation that I need to save a few dollars, then I most likely am not in a position to lose that money if the ship doesn't dock.