Total Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017: Should I Go or Should I Stay?

Cruz-OR

Memo: It's over. DAYS ago. Move on. Life goes on. :) Seriously though...not being mean. Just don't know why everyone is still discussing this. Ended days ago. My heart is with all the poor people in Texas, which is happening now, not last week. Still luv ya though! :cool:

Thanks for taking time away from 'all the poor people in Texas' to post twice on the eclipse.

For many of us.... it was a very special moment. No, we must relive it again. Who's ready for South America 2019 & 2020?

I think we'll wait for 2024. I'm not that adventurous!

The one in 2024 is going to be a full minute longer than the one we just saw.

Memo: It's over. DAYS ago. Move on. Life goes on. :) Seriously though...not being mean. Just don't know why everyone is still discussing this. Ended days ago. My heart is with all the poor people in Texas, which is happening now, not last week. Still luv ya though! :cool:

You know what is so amazing about these boards and threads that you don't think you want to read?

You always have a choice!:)

We went to Hopkinsville, KY, as planned. Totality was an experience like nothing I've ever done before. We were on a farm, surrounded by corn, but wide open space to be able to see and hear all that was happening. We heard the cicadas start up string and the birds started up as well. At about 75%, a really strong breeze picked up and it started cooling off shortly thereafter.

I think we were all completely unprepared for the beauty of totality. I'd seen pictures, but honestly, it's not the same as seeing the sun's corona shining out around the moon. And I think one of my favorite parts was viewing the 360 degree sunset all around us! Awesome!

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves on Eclipse day! I will certainly be chasing it again in 2024!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everyone has their favorite thing about a total solar eclipse but the 360 degree sunset comes up a lot. When we were getting some frozen custard in Rexburg after the eclipse someone at the table kept coming back to it. Our rafting guide in Jackson Hole also mentioned that.

It is something I also looked for and enjoyed.

A total solar eclipse is a life changing the experience, you are very fortunate to have seen one.