'Lip Sync Battle' Comes to Carnival Cruises

LauraS

When they go to pay restaurants or only vending machines, Carnival will have totally abdicated giving you a vacation. Make your own. Call it Build a Cruise.

I have no idea what your message here is:confused:

As far as build a cruise, we already do that. We choose where to eat, shows we want to see, pick what we want at ports. Carnival provides transportation.:D

I have no idea what your message here is:confused:

As far as build a cruise, we already do that. We choose where to eat, shows we want to see, pick what we want at ports. Carnival provides transportation.:D

If they do this in the main lounge another night of no professional entertainment.

If this replaces karaoke than doesnt matter to us at all not a form of entertainment we will have interest in

Let's see - do this lip-sink battle on 2 nights, Hasbro 2 nights, Love & Marriage one night, Welcome Aboard show one night, and Farewell show one night - there we go, get rid of Playlist Productions, which was already a cost-cutting move from the live production shows. Let the cost-cutting continue....

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Let's see - do this lip-sink battle on 2 nights, Hasbro 2 nights, Love & Marriage one night, Welcome Aboard show one night, and Farewell show one night - there we go, get rid of Playlist Productions, which was already a cost-cutting move from the live production shows. Let the cost-cutting continue....

So in other words you do not think this is a brilliant addition to their entertainment?:eek::eek:

I have to agree with you. Hasbro on 2 nights was bad enough on a 7 night cruise in the main theater, now this.

Our last cruise on Carnival was 21 days (a journeys cruise) and there was nothing to do at night, seen the awful production shows already, the Hasbro game show 4 nights...what a joke, not my idea of entertainment for an adult in main theater, Welcome aboard show :rolleyes:, Love & Marriage game and there was no entertainers brought on. There were no bands, 2 duos that played the same songs every other night, and 2 guitar players. Now that's entertainment :rolleyes:

We love the entertainment on a cruise, not on Carnival though as of the last couple of years. Letting the guests be the entertainers is a joke.

After the cruise we have booked with Carnival, I can't see us cruising with them again unless they improve their entertainment and from the looks of this, they do not plan on doing that.

If this does in fact replace live professional entertainment do you look at this as a positive enhancement to the entertainment they offer?

Right now I view it as a option and not as a replacement of something else. Personally it does nothing for me but it is an option and options are good.

Perhaps this is taking the place of the talent show?? I know alot of people love to take part in/watch these lip sync battles - though I think it may be a younger crowd kind of thing.

I don't understand why people who hate CCL continue to cruise with them. If I had half the complaints as some of you guys, I would never consider giving my hard-earned money to a company I thought so little of.

So far Carnival meets my needs. I really don't care for the production shows, but I know alot of people do and I could understand you not being happy. BUT, you've go to admit, most of you who love production shows do nothing but complain about how lousy CCL production shows are.

My question for those that are consistently unhappy with the Carnival experience, is why do you continue to sail with them? I truly don't mean this to be snarky - everyone has a right to their opinion - but I really want to understand the reasoning behind choosing CCL.

Right now I view it as a option and not as a replacement of something else. Personally it does nothing for me but it is an option and options are good.

They have only so many venues so figure it is going to replace something. The question is what.

If a form of karaoke or legends show it is neutral to me but if it replaces a night of professional entertainment it is a cutback to me.

Perhaps this is taking the place of the talent show?? I know alot of people love to take part in/watch these lip sync battles - though I think it may be a younger crowd kind of thing.

I don't understand why people who hate CCL continue to cruise with them. If I had half the complaints as some of you guys, I would never consider giving my hard-earned money to a company I thought so little of.

So far Carnival meets my needs. I really don't care for the production shows, but I know alot of people do and I could understand you not being happy. BUT, you've go to admit, most of you who love production shows do nothing but complain about how lousy CCL production shows are.

My question for those that are consistently unhappy with the Carnival experience, is why do you continue to sail with them? I truly don't mean this to be snarky - everyone has a right to their opinion - but I really want to understand the reasoning behind choosing CCL.

Personal feelings, I think people don't actually hate Carnival .Being Cruise Critic ,I would think they are here just to give an opinion and hope the product improves for the better. We all know Carnival staff reads CC here each and every day.

As for the lip match stuff , the songs I have noticed people doing in those matches are down right vulgar. I don't feel it will be family entertainment for the masses.

Edited by BoDidly

Please let this be replacing karaoke! I have heard enough drowning cats in my lifetime but this is actually fun because they don't get to sing! lol The costumes are fun on the show so I'm curious how this will all play out with guests doing it - do they get costumes? we'll see next year!

We are part of the younger crowd that many have mentioned here as thea target for this show. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those knock off Broadway musical shows. Or the welcome aboard show - just so cheesy.