Who Has Menus From The Sapphire///mexican Riviera Cruise???

many cruises

We are booked on the Sapphire on April 8, 2006 to the Mexican Riviera. We're trying to decide which night to go to the Sterling Steakhouse...soooo....someone out there must have the Sapphire Mexican Riviera Menus to share with all future cruisers. Anxiously waiting to see these menus!

Thanks.

Just got off the ship today. I don't have a scanner, so I may have to type in the menus one by one later on tonight when the kids are asleep.

That is really, really nice of you. Thanks in advance. Will be on the ship soon and would love to have a preview of the menus.

Did you golf on the ship or go to the ceramic class? Did they cost anything?

Also how much were the drinks and the beer also would you know the cost of a soda card for the kids?

Thanks for any info

You are so nice to do this. There are many future Sapphire/Mexican Riviera cruisers who will thank you!

Infinity- July 2006

Sapphire Princess- April 2006

Caribbean Princess- July 2005

Star Princess- April 2005

Century- July 2004

Mariner of the Seas- April 2004

Grand Princess- August 2003

Enchantment of the Seas- April 2003

Monarch of the Seas- April 2002

Sovereign of the Seas- April 2001

Just got off the ship today. I don't have a scanner, so I may have to type in the menus one by one later on tonight when the kids are asleep.

Do you have a digital camera? I wonder if you could photograph the menus. You could put them in a free webshots account. That might be a lot easier for you.

Either way, I would be extremely grateful to see them before we leave for our cruise next Saturday!

Did you golf on the ship or go to the ceramic class?

I didn't golf on the ship, but DH went to the chipping competition twice and won a silver and a gold medal. We had 2 kids and each wanted a medal, so their daddy had to go to 2 competitions. I must say the competitions were pretty tough. Everyone wanted to win.

The ceramic classes are a mis-nomer. It's "paint-your-own-ceramic". You buy unpainted pieces ($5 and up) like bowls, plates, frames, etc... and just paint the pieces with the paint provided. I thought it was making your own ceramic pieces, but it's really paint your own pieces.

Did they cost anything?
The ceramic pieces vary. I didn't get a price list, but I believe it's $4 or $5 and up.

Also how much were the drinks and the beer also would you know the cost of a soda card for the kids?

There are no difference between a soda card for kids and soda card for adult. The soda sticker is $26.75 (not sure if they added 15% on top of that price) per person for 7 days. You get a Coke or Diet-Coke tumbler with it. The beers are around $3.75 (DH got a Bass Ale from a bottle) each, but I believe there are always deals like buying 6 Coronas from a bucket for less than buying one at a time.

I don't know what the regular cocktails cost (I should have taken the price list from the Horizon Court), but it's slightly more than the drinks of the day.

I know daily specials listed on the Patters are:

Cocktail of the Day-$3.95

Mocktail of the Day-$2.25

Martini of the Day-$5

Shooter of the Day-$3.25

We got a virgin strawberry daiquiri in the dining room on the day this drink was the Mocktail of the day. We were charged $3 plus $15% to our room account when it should have been $2.25. But I think we had a bigger glass from the dining room, so I didn't dispute the charges. $3 for that large glass, it was still cheaper than Jamba Juice.

Page 1

LOTUS SPA MENU

"Our Lotus Spa Menu is designed to enhance our spa tradition of providing harmony of the mind, body and spirit. These dishes reflect the perfect balance of nutrition and flavor."

Seasonal Fresh Fruite Mosaic Flavored with Vintage Armagnac

Watercress, shredded carrots and hearts of iceberg lettuce

Sauteed Filet of zander with Green Asparagus Tips

VEGETARIAN MENU

Cream of Porcini Mushroom Soup Perfumed with Tarragon

Watercress, Shredded Carrots and Hearts of Iceberg Lettuce

Pasta Shells with Broccoli and a Touch of Fresh Tomato Sauce

Moroccan VEgetable Ragout with Pita Bread

Assorted International Cheese and Crackers

Seasonal Fresh Fruit Plate

ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Classic Caesar Salad

Succulent Shrimp Cocktail, Red American Sauce

Fettuccine all'Alfredo

"If you have any food-related allergies or special dietary requirements, please make sure to contact only your Head Waiter or the Maitre d'Hotel.

PAGE 2

APPETIZERS

Smoked Wild Salmon with Capers, Lemon and Pumpernicket Bread

Seasonal Fresh Fruit Mosaic Flavored with Vintage Armagnac

Crispy Spring Rolls in a Honey-Soy, Sesame and Mustard Seed Sauce, filled with Vegetables and Seafood

SOUPS

Beef Broth with a Julienne of Carrots, Celery and Wild Rice

Cream of Porcini Mushroom Soup Perfumed with Tarragon

Iced Pina Colada Cream Splashed with Rum

SALADS

Watercress, Shredded Carrots and Hearts of Iceberg Lettuce

Russian, Balsamic Vinaigrette, or low-fat tomato-herb dressing

ENTREES (PRINCESS FAVORITE)

Conchiglie alla Campagnola (Pasta Shells Tossed with Lemon-Roasted Chicken and Fresh steamed broccoli in a sauce of fresh tomato, capers, Kalamata olives, garlic, and Parmesan cheese)

Sauteed filet of zander with green asparagus tips (delicate freshwater fish filet on a bed of herb couscous and citrus glazing)

Seafood Turnover in a Lobster sauce (shrimp, scallops, calamari and whitefish enveloped in puff pastry with sauteed fresh spring vegetables)

Smoked Virginia Ham with cranberry gravy (port-glazed oven roast with Vichy carrots and scalloped potatoes

Slow Roasted Prime Rib with Creamed Horseradish (roasted Premium Beef with String Beans and Baked Idaho Potato)

ALWAYS AVAILABLE GRILL ENTREES

Lemon scented salmon filet

Herb marinated breast of chicken

Aged New York Steak

Beef Filet Tournedos

We had anytime dining (6pm) in the Savoy Dining Room. I didn't like the service because I saw the head waiter roll his eyes when he saw my 2 kids approaching. That was just the beginning and he was annoyed when I said I didn't need the kids' menu because I have it memorized. I said I want alphabet soups for each kid and 2 glasses of apple juice for each kid. He questioned me why I wanted 2 glasses of juice for each child....and I was trying to save him 2 trips to get the juice later on! Maybe the waiter had a bad day, but it was our first night! We didn't eat in the Savoy dining room again the rest of our cruise. I liked the service in Santa Fe and Vivaldi (anytime dining after 8pm).

The Crispy Spring Rolls are always very good, but the sauce is a little strange. I would just ask for their regular soy sauce and dip the Spring Rolls in the soy sauce.

The Iced Pina Colada Cream splashed with Rum is a hoot. It's served in a cocktail glass so it's like a specialty drink. You can't really taste the Rum, but it's fun to drink the "cold soup" like a cocktail. This is the only time they serve cold soup in a cocktail glass. So get 2 orders if you like the taste of Pina Colada. You can probably pour a little rum into the glass to make your own Pina Colada!

I had the Seafood Turnover and I liked it, but I don't think it's the most popular item on the menu because I saw lots of Seafood Turnovers in the Horizon Court later on that night.

Steaks and beef dishes are not as good as before, so I didn't order any beef dishes. Unless you can tolerate steaks cook medium rare, don't order any steaks. Any steaks over medium tend to be tough. The Prime Rib was a disappointment, but edible. The pasta dish was pretty good.

If you are going to Sabatini's or Sterling's, this is the day to go!

I didn't try any of the "always available grill entrees", but I tried their "Always Available item" Fettuccine all'Alfredo and it was very good.

Sorry, I don't have any dessert menus with me. But Souffles are all great. They only served creme brulee once and it was a raspberry creme brulee. For creme brulee afficionados, it was a big disappointment. There were no crusty caramel top and the custard (great custard) was floating in liquid. It wouldn't have been hard to create the crusty caramel top. All they had to do was to sprinkle large amounts of brown sugar, then torch it.

There is also something wrong with their freezers where they store their ice creams. All ice creams had a gritty/ice crystals in its consistency. It can only mean that the ice cream melted and then re-frozen again during the freezing process. Even the ice cream they served on the Horizon Court had that consistency.

Their sorbets was a big disappointment too. One mango sorbet tasted like frozen sugar ice and no mango flavoring at al. It tasted so sweet that I couldn't swallow it. We all know that frozen treats usually taste less sweet when frozen. I can't imagine the amount of sugar they put into that mango sorbet for it to taste so sweet.

Princess' specialty is chocolate, so all its chocolate desserts are pretty good.

Personally, if you want great desserts, go to the Horizon Court around 10:30pm and you will see some great desserts. I've had caramel flans, chocolate flans, pecan pie, etc.... None of which I saw in the dining room dessert menus.

MERELA:

Thanks for going through the menus...I know that it is tedious, and we are crazy for wanting to know what we are going to eat ahead of time!!!

I just want to take the least interesting nights to enjoy the 2 paying dining areas!!:D

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=249520

Take a look at all the dinner menus I've posted and I have included comments about the dishes I've tried. As you can probably see, eating great food is important to DH and I and it's one of the reasons we keep going back on the Princess.

Archived