Oceania Marina questions

esper10

Hi all, we have cruised many times but never with Oceania. We been thinking to cruise to Bora Bora this is how I came across Oceania cruise line that is different than all the cruise line we done such as Royal Caribbean,celebrity and others. I have been searching the Marina but I thought asking you all will give the best answers. 1) when it come to entertainment at night do they have shows? 2) do they have other kind of entertainment other shows? 3)how many restaurants does this ship has? I understand they are all included in the price 3) I did not see or read about any Buffett style dinning, do they have it in this ship? 4) the tea time is it daily? It seems fun.

Thank you so much for any information I appreciate it

1) when it come to entertainment at night do they have shows?

Yes there are shows nightly in the Main Showroom, usually starting at 9:30 or 9:40PM

2) do they have other kind of entertainment other shows?

There are Lectures and a String Quartet performs several times per day, a jazz pianist plays at night in the Martini Bar and there is nightly dancing in both the Main Lounge and later in the Observation Lounge.

How many restaurants does this ship has?

There are ten Restaurants plus room service if you count every venue which serves food:

The Grand Dining Room, Polo Grill, Toscana, Red Ginger, Jacques, Terrace Café, Waves Grill, Baristas, La Reserve, Privée

3) I did not see or read about any Buffett style dinning, do they have it in this ship?

The Terrace is the Buffet Restaurant.

I understand they are all included in the price

La Reserve serves Wine Pairings and is fee based, Privée is a private party room which also charges an additional fee. The others are free.

4) the tea time is it daily? It seems fun.

Tea is held in the Observation Lounge, every day except Embarkation and Disembarkation Days.

Yes there are shows nightly in the Main Showroom, usually starting at 9:30 or 9:40PM

There are Lectures and a String Quartet performs several times per day, a jazz pianist plays at night in the Martini Bar and there is nightly dancing in both the Main Lounge and later in the Observation Lounge.

There are ten Restaurants plus room service if you count every venue which serves food:

The Grand Dining Room, Polo Grill, Toscana, Red Ginger, Jacques, Terrace Café, Waves Grill, Baristas, La Reserve, Privée

The Terrace is the Buffet Restaurant.

La Reserve serves Wine Pairings and is fee based, Privée is a private party room which also charges an additional fee. The others are free.

Tea is held in the Observation Lounge, every day except Embarkation and Disembarkation Days.

Thank you so much,you are very kind. It seems very nice and upper scale. I thought that celebrity was upper scale than the rest of the cruise lines. Thnaks again

Just to mention the entertainment is more low key than on the main stream cruises

The ships can be quiet after 11 pm but if you are up early for tours the next day this can be good ;)

all in your personal perspective

Just to mention the entertainment is more low key than on the main stream cruises

The ships can be quiet after 11 pm but if you are up early for tours the next day this can be good ;)

all in your personal perspective

Beautiful pictures. One more thing are the tours compatible in price to the rest of cruise lines or do they run more in price?

Beautiful pictures. One more thing are the tours compatible in price to the rest of cruise lines or do they run more in price?

Thanks

Most Oceania excursions seem to cost more than other lines

we usually book private tours or just DIY

Not sure what is on offer in the South Pacific maybe others will comment

Thank you so much,you are very kind. It seems very nice and upper scale. I thought that celebrity was upper scale than the rest of the cruise lines. Thnaks again

You mention Celebrity which is still mass market.... You will find Marina totaly luxury , night and day better except for entertainment which is very very lite

No productions , people cruise Marina for the ambiance, the outstanding food ( the Terrace buffet will totally knock your sox off... grilled fish lobster steaks every day lunch and dinner... Hey Filet and lobster sandwiches at the pool grill !!!...no taco or pizzas....) Everything high class quality and no extra charge....want a 32 oz steak with lobster in Polo... no charge...

The biggest shock to you will be the ship has 1200 max not 2500! no lines smooth service, but I say again , come prepared to entertain your self and enjoy others in conversation. No nickel dime on anything un like the "other"

And....no formal dress all casual and few if any kids... no kids program or areas... its an adult ship for adults.

Tours are expensive a bit more than other lines and its better to do them your self I have been on Marina 2 times in Tahiti and always do my own tours, with a bit of time and effort you can get great deals for very reasonable cost. Tahiti has all sorts of options its the French Hawaii...

Edited by Hawaiidan

We were on Marina in January: Valpariaso to Papeete, stops at Easter Island, Bora Bora, Pitcairn, among others. Our best cruise ever, and of the 3 O ships we've been on, Marina became our favorite. On her again next June. While service on Oceania is uniformly great, we found there to be a hard-to-describe "something extra" about Marina's staff that was truly exceptional. Love that ship.

WOW, so many great thing.i look forward to try it. While I love the entertainment I can easily be prepared. Of those of you who book your own tours do you look for private companies? I never done that. I worry that when I get there, the tour may not "be there ". I alway book on the ship or when I get to port. Any suggestions? Thank , you all are great. I also know that I will meet another class of people, I look forward for that.

I have organized a number of tours and only once did the "guide" not show up. That was not one of my tours but was organized by a fellow passenger who has done so far more often than I have. In this case it wasn't a real problem because the guide was a taxi driver who had agreed to show a small group around Svalbard. He just didn't show, so we all took the ship's shuttle into town and did it on our own. No deposit had been paid so we weren't out anything.

Other than that one time, I've never encountered a problem of a "no-show" on any private tour I've been on.

It's usually easy enough to form up a group at your roll call.

Mura

WOW, so many great thing.i look forward to try it. While I love the entertainment I can easily be prepared. Of those of you who book your own tours do you look for private companies? I never done that. I worry that when I get there, the tour may not "be there ". I alway book on the ship or when I get to port. Any suggestions? Thank , you all are great. I also know that I will meet another class of people, I look forward for that.

Get on a roll call for your cruise....many people organizing tours for people to join

Too search the web at the ports, read reviews, grab a book on the region. In short do some homework It will be satisfying and fun. The knowledge you gain will enhance your trip experience and your confidence as a traveler. Win Win... Look too at past or current roll calls to see who is doing what...

I havent taken a ships tour in 20 years... Most of us here havent as we have built confidence and skill in locating who what where. I only book private guides, cars, things with a credit card....you then covered is something goes wrong.

No take credit cards// The I dont book. Plenty do many flakes do not take credit cards... because they cant get a bank to approve them because they could be flakes..

Ok....you have work to do....fun work and a whole new adventure awaits

I have organized a number of tours and only once did the "guide" not show up. That was not one of my tours but was organized by a fellow passenger who has done so far more often than I have. In this case it wasn't a real problem because the guide was a taxi driver who had agreed to show a small group around Svalbard

Mura

Actually he was a tour guide but chose to sleep in that day

After our friend called him several times before the cruise to confirm & at the dock she call he said he was on the way ... he did not bother to come

we had a good day walking around the town & museum anyway