Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

Was on Harmony last week and there was a lot of confusion. Starbucks were saying nothing included, bar manager said yes but only basics coffee and tea.

Starbucks wanted to charge for anything other than espressos

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting... thank you.

So I guess we can drink espresso from Starbucks lol

Well I have never purchased a drinks package and it doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon.

Cannot justify spending $480 AUD on the replenish drinks package for a 12 night cruise... I will just buy the drinks I would normally get and pay much less than that.

I think the only time I will get a drinks package is if it comes included in a cruise at some stage.

Well I have never purchased a drinks package and it doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon.

Cannot justify spending $480 AUD on the replenish drinks package for a 12 night cruise... I will just buy the drinks I would normally get and pay much less than that.

I think the only time I will get a drinks package is if it comes included in a cruise at some stage.

That's just it, the drinks packages are not going to offer value for everyone, and it's good that you know that for yourself. Many may buy thinking it's 'the thing to do' and Royal will make a huge profit ..which of course is what they are relying on.

On the other hand, $480 for a 12 night cruise seems more than reasonable to us. It really is an individual thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's just it, the drinks packages are not going to offer value for everyone, and it's good that you know that for yourself. Many may buy thinking it's 'the thing to do' and Royal will make a huge profit ..which of course is what they are relying on.

On the other hand, $480 for a 12 night cruise seems more than reasonable to us. It really is an individual thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be a good price if it included alcoholic beverages, but it doesn't.

Yikes - fingers crossed for those of you on Oasis Class ships that Starbucks is included! Wasn't that on the brochure? I hope that those of you who purchased with that in mind have cached copies!

Just off the Oasis on Saturday. Starbucks was not included in any drinks package, including shots of espresso. Only Cafe Promenade specialty coffees were included as part of the packages.

Just off the Oasis on Saturday. Starbucks was not included in any drinks package, including shots of espresso. Only Cafe Promenade specialty coffees were included as part of the packages.

Apparently RCCL changed it.

The updated FAQ says:

Do beverage packages that include premium coffee include Starbucks?

a. No, none of the beverage packages include Starbucks beverages within the licensed stores. Proudly brewed Starbucks coffee sold in locations other than the licensed stores is included as part of qualifying packages for guests to enjoy.

Apparently RCCL changed it.

The updated FAQ says:

Do beverage packages that include premium coffee include Starbucks?

a. No, none of the beverage packages include Starbucks beverages within the licensed stores. Proudly brewed Starbucks coffee sold in locations other than the licensed stores is included as part of qualifying packages for guests to enjoy.

Interesting wording. I can just picture some staff person in the Cafe Promenade at 4 AM standing next to the coffee urn beaming as people pour his creation into their cups.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I did not see it covered in any of the posts, but can you still buy a wine package on board? The ones where you can buy 8 bottles at a discounted price? I was told that option was going away as well

The fleetwide wine packages are gone, however the ship might have their own package for sale once you get onboard. There is no way to purchase this pre-cruise.