priority boarding

jimmybean

I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I can't seem to use the correct search terms to find previous threads to answer my question.

If one couple has priority boarding status and is traveling with another couple who does not (and these others are not sharing a stateroom with the priority-status-people) will the party be allowed to board together in Southampton? Has anyone had experience with this situation?

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Happy Sailings to All!

I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I can't seem to use the correct search terms to find previous threads to answer my question.

If one couple has priority boarding status and is traveling with another couple who does not (and these others are not sharing a stateroom with the priority-status-people) will the party be allowed to board together in Southampton? Has anyone had experience with this situation?

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Happy Sailings to All!

Yes.

andhow

I'm assuming priority boarding is based on cabin class? We are Gold Tier members. Would that get us any kind of priority boarding?

Sorry, no...

"Cunard Grills guests and Cunard Platinum / Diamond World Club members will receive priority check-in and embarkation in New York and Southampton.

Priority embarkation is available to our Platinum and Diamond World Club members for voyages departing from New York or Southampton where operationally possible.

Priority disembarkation is also available to those in Queens Grill and Princess Grill suites." - copied from https://ask.cunard.com/help/before-you-sail/CU_Priorty_checkin

Your e-ticket will show your scheduled check-in time. Some feel that it is just a "suggested" time.

Many thanks, Salacia

You're welcome NE14T. But being Gold WC, you still get some nice benefits...

"Silver - one voyage

Guests who have completed one voyage with Cunard will enjoy the following benefits:1

• Member savings & special offers.2

• World club desk in all our international offices.

• On board loyalty representative.

• Exclusive Cunard World Club section online.

• The Cunarder magazine.

Gold - two voyages or 20 nights

Guests who have completed two voyages or 20 nights on board, will enjoy even more benefits.1 In addition to the core Silver benefits, Gold Cunarders will receive:

• A Gold membership pin.3

• A complimentary two hour Internet time plan.4

• Invitation to the Cunard World Club cocktail party.5,6,7

..." copied from

http://www.cunard.com/already-booked/cunard-world-club/#tabbedModule2295

Bon voyage -S.

Thanks for answering my question, andhow.

For those not yet platinum or sailing in the Grills, take heart: priority boarding isn't always an advantage.

We sailed on a segment of a world tour, boarding in LA, and the queue of those boarding with priority included more people than those comfortably seated and waiting for "regular boarding."

Each voyage is unique in terms of the mix of passengers sailing. Sometimes, those with priority boarding outnumber those without (at a particular point in time in the boarding process).

As Salacia points out, there are a number of benefits for cruise line loyalty beyond priority boarding. Some free internet time (when gold) was my favorite :)

Happy Sailing!