Can food be taken off the ship?

RayBay0704

Curious as to who/what you are quoting. I suspect it is yourself and it is disturbing that you would do this; it is wrong. The ship has rules and Bermuda has laws, neither of which state this. The ship is actually more restrictive than local laws, but I understand why, and I respect them.

This is taken from a 2016 Breakaway daily and I honestly and accurately quote:

"IMPORTANT REMINDERS Local Agricultural Law prohibits taking the following items ashore: plants, fruits, vegetables, meat & illegal substances which can result in

an Immediate fine of more than S500. Please carry a valid photo ID

and your Breakaway guest key card when going ashore. If you are on

a Norwegian Cruise Line organized Shore Excursion, please check

your ticket for your meeting time and location."

I have cruised several times, over the years, and have never had an issue carrying off or on prepackaged food. I have done it at every port. It is a necessity for me and for some other cruisers, as well. I have taken off cheese before, when it is allowed according to what NCL states, for a particular port (as they did above). Most excursions I have taken do not allow time for "snack" shopping.

I have purchased local food/liquids countless times, in many countries, and carried them on the ship without a problem. If you follow your bogus quote about not being able to bring any kind of food or liquid(packed or unpacked) I guess you never have purchased a bottle of hot sauce, vanilla extract or rum cake?

There are new cruisers that read CC and I don't think it is right/fair for you to post such an outlandish and erroneous quote.

"Due to public health regulations, fruits, nuts, plants, vegetable,s or foods of any kind (hot, raw, packed, or unpacked) or liquid of any kind is not allowed to be taken off the ship or brought onboard at any time"

The official answer is "no", you are not allowed to pack a lunch and take it off. You are subject to be searched and fined by the British Government if caught.

There will be many on this thread who tell you "go ahead, violate British customs regulations".

Last time we were in Bermuda on the Breakaway, people were being stopped and their contraband being confiscated. Can't say that we ever say anyone getting fined or arrested,,, but Bermuda is one of those places that you can't walk around in a bathing suit without being stopped for indecency and made to cover up.

Curious as to who/what you are quoting. I suspect it is yourself and it is disturbing that you would do this; it is wrong. The ship has rules and Bermuda has laws, neither of which state this. The ship is actually more restrictive than local laws, but I understand why, and I respect them.

This is taken from a 2016 Breakaway daily and I honestly and accurately quote:

"IMPORTANT REMINDERS Local Agricultural Law prohibits taking the following items ashore: plants, fruits, vegetables, meat & illegal substances which can result in

an Immediate fine of more than S500. Please carry a valid photo ID

and your Breakaway guest key card when going ashore. If you are on

a Norwegian Cruise Line organized Shore Excursion, please check

your ticket for your meeting time and location."

I have cruised several times, over the years, and have never had an issue carrying off or on prepackaged food. I have done it at every port. It is a necessity for me and for some other cruisers, as well. I have taken off cheese before, when it is allowed according to what NCL states, for a particular port (as they did above). Most excursions I have taken do not allow time for "snack" shopping.

I have purchased local food/liquids countless times, in many countries, and carried them on the ship without a problem. If you follow your bogus quote about not being able to bring any kind of food or liquid(packed or unpacked) I guess you never have purchased a bottle of hot sauce, vanilla extract or rum cake?

There are new cruisers that read CC and I don't think it is right/fair for you to post such an outlandish and erroneous quote.

The quote was from the NCL Freestyle Daily on a cruise last month. Seems pretty straight forward. I think that even you can understand what the printed requirement allow and don't allow.

so can we bring jelly babies back on board? i love finding new candy in different places and also if there are different potato chips i like them too.

regarding sand and shells i'm assuming no gift shops sell these as well?

Yes, you can bring as many Jelly Babies as you can find back on board.

As far as the pink sand, there was a Craft Market at the Dockyard which had a display of little bottles of sand. $3/bottle which went to a Vocational Training Program....win/win