Explorer of the Seas - air conditioning

Cimbom

Hello,

Sorry for posting a seemingly bizarre question but I was wondering if anyone who has been on this ship recently can confirm if the air conditioning is generally on extremely high?

I've only been on one cruise which was with P&O in Australia (Pacific Jewel) and this was something that was a bit irritating to deal with. We had really nice sunny weather and I had packed clothes for this type of climate but then ended up wearing long pants on all the sailing days as it was very uncomfortably cold (and was still a bit cold even when doing this). I tried to stay on deck as much as possible but wanted to do indoor activities as well. I'm not talking normal levels of air conditioning, but very excessively cold.

I also tend to get a reaction to this (sort of like hayfever) as well which can be annoying. I have found a great deal for a sailing with Explorer of the Seas for later this year and wanted to know if others have had similar experiences on this ship.

Edited by Cimbom

We live on Thursday Island and were wondering how cold it might be indoors. We don't much in the way of warm clothes!!

My wife brings a light sweater as she sometimes finds it cool in the theater.

Hello,

Sorry for posting a seemingly bizarre question but I was wondering if anyone who has been on this ship recently can confirm if the air conditioning is generally on extremely high?

I've only been on one cruise which was with P&O in Australia (Pacific Jewel) and this was something that was a bit irritating to deal with. We had really nice sunny weather and I had packed clothes for this type of climate but then ended up wearing long pants on all the sailing days as it was very uncomfortably cold (and was still a bit cold even when doing this). I tried to stay on deck as much as possible but wanted to do indoor activities as well. I'm not talking normal levels of air conditioning, but very excessively cold.

I also tend to get a reaction to this (sort of like hayfever) as well which can be annoying. I have found a great deal for a sailing with Explorer of the Seas for later this year and wanted to know if others have had similar experiences on this ship.

We were on Explorer last November (Singas to Perth via a few places) and I asked the same question as I find air-con a bit cold at times and if its too cold it makes me cough. I took a light cardigan for evenings in the theatre or the MDR, but found that a long sleeved shirt was fine, only wore the cardi once. All cabins according to this site have adjustable air con in cabins. http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=186&pgtype=cabins

On every "warm outdoor" cruise I bring a sweater or jacket (and long pants...). I find the indoor venues cold - on Explorer if you are going to go to the Ice Skating Show I recommend bringing a jacket or sweater. And not wearing shorts. MDR and theater I bring a sweater and if I am too warm I take it off. Your cabin temp can be adjusted to your liking.

I have been on Explorer twice & didn't notice it any more cold than normal on any ship. Most public spaces are kept cool on ships as it helps stop germs etc spreading. I always take long pants and jackets on any cruise coz you just never know when you are going to need them. Also, the explorer has an ice rink and it is always rather cool down in there.