$5 off $50 Carnival Giftcard

Ranyw

Thank you. I have my CC tied to Paypal but no Paypay credit. That must be the issue. Again, thank you.

I don't have PayPal credit and I was able to purchase some for the first time ever. I've always had issues when trying to purchase these cards. I only had my debit card tied to PayPal, but recently added my bank account.

Do you have your bank account attached? Perhaps that's the problem.

So after being on the phone with Ebay and them saying it was a Paypal issue I called Paypal. Only change now is I have to go through more steps for it to give me the same issue. Guess it was not meant to be.

So after being on the phone with Ebay and them saying it was a Paypal issue I called Paypal. Only change now is I have to go through more steps for it to give me the same issue. Guess it was not meant to be.

I had that happen before when I was buying the higher denomination cards. I had to keep trying and finally got it to take. If you are on your phone, try a computer and vice versa.

It is $5 off (total) of a purchase of $50. So if you buy $50 it costs $45. If you buy $100 it costs $95. If you buy $500 it's $495. It is a TOTAL of $5 off your purchase.

If you want to get $500 worth for $450, you will need to complete 10 transactions for $50. Meaning buy one at a time. Does this make sense?

OK, now I get it. You explained it very well. Thanks!

Our cruise is already paid for so we bought a few for on board credit. Do I need to do a cash account for on board expenses in order to use these?

If its an option, I'd like to connect my visa like normal and add these on board at the kiosk to be used first?

Standing in line at the service desk to save a few bucks is not my kind of fun.

Our cruise is already paid for so we bought a few for on board credit. Do I need to do a cash account for on board expenses in order to use these?

If its an option, I'd like to connect my visa like normal and add these on board at the kiosk to be used first?

Standing in line at the service desk to save a few bucks is not my kind of fun.

You can use a credit card for your normal account and apply the gift cards when you check in at the pier (I did this in Miami, just be sure to check your receipt), at Guest Services, or at a kiosk. They will use those first before they start charging your card. Or you can set up a cash account and do the same thing. Then when they run low, go to GS and give them your CC.

And wouldn't you know it, that's what I really want to use it for. lol Finally was able to score a couple, I'm sure we can used them for something while onboard.

Thanks MtnDweller, I guess the PayPal rep was not correct, after doing some research I think I have figured out what the issue is. I am pretty sure that I have to have my bank account linked. Now just to wait until it activates. :rolleyes:

Thanks MtnDweller, I guess the PayPal rep was not correct, after doing some research I think I have figured out what the issue is. I am pretty sure that I have to have my bank account linked. Now just to wait until it activates. :rolleyes:

Hope it works out for you.

The last few times this was posted, it didn't work for me. During the last sale, I added my bank account, but alas, I couldn't score any of the cards as the sale was over before my bank account could be verified. Now that it's attached, I was able to purchase without any issues at all.

So don't lose hope. This sale is good until October 1st (I believe)

Hello!

Paypal is offering $5 off a $50 purchase of gift cards via eBay. This includes Carnival gift cards. Offer expires Oct 1st. I wonder if it can be used multiple times ??? Here is the link...

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/220359

-Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Ron, just picked up 4!!

It let me buy 2 and then it locks me out. LOL Paypal says it is security and wait 48 hours. BS I went back and bought a hat with no problem but it still refuses to let me buy any more cards saying there is a problem. So frustrating. I have a cash balance, a paypal account, bank connected, and credit cards. SMH:mad:

It let me buy 2 and then it locks me out. LOL Paypal says it is security and wait 48 hours. BS I went back and bought a hat with no problem but it still refuses to let me buy any more cards saying there is a problem. So frustrating. I have a cash balance, a paypal account, bank connected, and credit cards. SMH:mad:

When I saw you were having problems I decided to go back and buy more. It let me buy three then I started getting a message saying I've been logged out of my paypal account.

It just locked me out after 6 ... I was going to get like 8 more for that $70 discount on Cheers. Jerks. lol

I did already get all 6 emails with the GC numbers, though, so there is that. :)

Edited by christyran1228

I keep getting an error message regarding PayPal! So frustrating because there are no issues with my PalPal Account. I'll try again later. Thanks for the heads up!

That is the issue I was having. I sent the seller a message, which is PayPal and then I was able to FINALLY buy two. Now I am locked out again. I wonder if this has something to do with it: "PayPal reserves the right to delay or decline purchases for any reason. Limits may apply to the amount and number of Digital Gifts you can buy. Electronic delivery only." Just read that in the PayPal terms. All else fails follow directions...

Edited by VALBS

It just locked me out after 6 ... I was going to get like 8 more for that $70 discount on Cheers. Jerks. lol

I did already get all 6 emails with the GC numbers, though, so there is that. :)

You can't use gift cards to buy Cheers before the cruise because that's a Fun Shops purchase. However, I have seen it posted on here that people have been told that once onboard if you tell them you are using GCs to buy it, they will supposedly give you the lower price. But no one at Carnival is willing to put that in writing, so it leaves me very skeptical.