Baltic Sea weather in May

Celiac Cruiser

Yes, I know it varies year to year and I can google averages ....but still would like input from those who did the Homelands Cruise Mid-May. How were the high and low temps, how about sun vs rain? Still going to be a great cruise for us May 2017 no matter what but would like some guidelines for packing. Thanks!

We were in the Baltic during May last year, 2015. Quite honestly this is probably our favorite time of year to travel....weather is getting warmer, crowds are not yet in volume, and even the flowers/colors are usually beautiful. There is always some rain during that time, but overall we have been lucky.

So the Baltics during May for us worked out really well! There was some rain for sure - but there was more sun. St Petersburg was fairly warm, and a little humid (but we are from Northern California so we are not good to compare what that really means!). I packed a few lightweight active pants that could convert into capris (they were perfect) - Along with a couple light layers in tops that I could peal off as the day warmed. I had cause for a light Jacket a couple times....but honestly we encountered no 'cold' weather.