Non-dairy milk options?

TriGirl

Does HAL offer, or can you ask for, coconut milk or soy milk? At home I use coconut milk creamer in my coffee. I wouldn't expect to find that, but I was hoping for either coconut milk or soy milk. The menus I looked at say "your choice of milk" but none list the actual milk options, which I assume are non-fat, 2% and whole milk.

Correct on the milk types. I have to mix a nonfat with a 2% to enjoy my preference of 1% milk. Not sure why they offer whole milk instead of 1% to the usual older HAL clientele.

igraf

....The menus I looked at say "your choice of milk" but none list the actual milk options, which I assume are non-fat, 2% and whole milk.

In the Lido I have recently seen rice, coconut, almond and soy "milk" next to the juices. In the MDR I ask for one of them and they bring it to me in a glass. Soy seems to be the one they are most familiar with, my least favorite.

You can bring boxed products aboard but you will need to have a frig in your room to keep them once a box is opened - did this years ago with our very allergic granddaughter; she carried a small tote bag to the MDR with her special condiments, keeping it discreet, including a small container with enough "milk" for your needs for that meal.

Now HAL has many options available but if you absolutely need to be sure of a certain type of food you can bring it aboard. m--

Good to hear about the Almond that is my preference. Although for coffee really prefer just a non dairy creamer....I know not as good for you but they sure do taste better in coffee :D I wish HAL had the non dairy packets for coffee like NCL does.

For the past 5 or 6 years it has been possible to get a variety of non-dairy milks onboard as well as lactose-free diary milk. However, they sometimes keep it out of sight as they provide it primarily for those who cannot drink dairy milk. Just ask at the juice counter in the Lido if you don't see it. I have found that the wonderful staff get to know what I want and have it ready when they see me coming.