FLL-Staying at Sheraton Airport, how much for a taxi

FlorenceItaly

to Bayside??? I bid Priceline and wound up with the Sheraton by mistake, as I meant to put downtown, and I put airport....sigh....live and learn. We get in around 2pm and would like to taxi to Bayside and just wondering a rough idea of the taxi fare. Thank you.

Marie

Do you mean from the Sheraton at FORT LAUDERDALE airport to Bayside in downtown MIAMI? That's going to be roughly $70-80 each way by taxi, perhaps a bit more now as Fort Lauderdale taxis just raised their rates.

If you're staying in Fort Lauderdale though, and it looks like your cruise is from Port Everglades on Zuiderdam, why go all the way down to Bayside? It's really not that great of a place, it's just someplace to go for dinner and some shopping if you're staying in downtown Miami.

If you really want to go to Bayside though, rent a car for the day. It'll be MUCH cheaper, and you'll need transportation anyway as there's nothing to walk to from the Sheraton FLL.

A much shorter/less expensive cab ride from Sheraton FLL would be to Las Olas Blvd., a very nice area just east of downtown Fort Lauderdale with many nice shops and restaurants... http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

You can also pick up the Water Taxi on Las Olas Blvd. That's a nice way to get a very inexpensive sightseeing tour of Fort Lauderdale's waterways... http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

Oh Trent, I was obviously confused, lol. Thanks so much for the clarification, as I would have jumped in the taxi, and off we would have went for a very long ride, high dollar, LOL. I spend too much time on these boards, and get my areas confused. Now, I don't feel so bad about not being downtown. I am off to explore the link you gave me. Thank you. What is your best guess for taxi fare to this area?

Also, I would like to thank you for ALL the help you give us on the board. You are a kind person, and it is GREATLY appreciated. Take Care.

Marie

Archived