Coach into Bruges

HTFCcruiser

We have booked on a short trip Southampton to Bruges, booking a Cunard fare, in the brochure it states if the destination town is not on the coast transfers coaches will be available; stating Rome as an example, does anyone know if there is a coach and further more is it complimentary? As a bookable excursion for own arrangement walking tour seems excessively expensive. On a different note Cunard are selling a Christmas markets tour on our trip when we are in Bruges on the 21st November please note the market doesn't open until the 25th tried phoning Cunard hung up after 45 minutes of awful musac.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I spotted them in excursions, I read in the brochure that there were transfers inferring no cost or minimal service charge, the cost of the excursion I feel is high, I can book an overnight ferry from The UK for £75 buy one get one free which includes a free coach transfer, I know you cannot compare the ships but the coach is the same.

The train leaves about 55 to the hour & returns about 5 mines past the hour costs about 8 Euros with a 15 min walk from the station into to town, Be carful on the return as the train can split on the return 1 part going one way the other another.

Thanks Hattie, That's what I will do then, guessing the trains will be frequent and reliable. Have you/anyone had any experience of the train trip.

We've taken the shuttle bus from Zeebrugge to Blankenberge and the train from Blankenberge to Bruges a couple of times. Because they only run every hour, you have to be careful not to miss the last one back that fits in with all aboard time. We have taken the next to last one back and spent time looking round Blankenberge.

Train times to Bruges are 42 mins past the hour and 56 minutes past the hour return. A 13 minutes journey.

http://www.thetrainline-europe.com/train/blankenberge-to-bruges~8800039~8800029

We'll also be docking there. (In our case in the middle of a 16 day round trip crossing). Checking the port call board here, it appears that shuttle busses can be booked via Cunard or third party or taxis can be taken at port. The taxi fare is a standard €50 per cab (not cheap, but splittable). Another consideration is that busses can only go as far as a lot a few minutes walk from the historic city center.

In our case, because of my husband's mobility limitations, we'll do a cab.

Edited by MarkBearSF

I am guessing the €50 is a one way fare, I have been to Bruges several times with free shuttles curtesy of P&O ferries, I find it a little cheap of Cunard to be charging $120 for two to travel, this is approaching the price I would pay including the ferry from Hull. Think I will get the train or stay in Blankenberge.

When I was last in Zeebrugge (QM2 2014), I took the free shuttle coach to Blankenburge.

The coach dropped off and collected passengers in Scarphoutstraat, a few yards from the railway station (basically, across a main road with a pedestrian crossing).

Although I stayed in Blankenburge (pleasant place, nice beachfront area, some lovely old buildings) I noted many of QM2's passengers heading off to the station when leaving the coach. When I returned to the pick up point, saw many heading back from the train.

Hope this helps.

Edited by pepperrn

Thank you for the Taxi option, I think as we have been to Bruges 5 or 6 times in the past we have decided to stay in the little seaside town where the train station is and go back to the ship earlier as we are 1st time Cunard it will give us more time to explore the ship.