Good ship for spa balcony

cocacola86

The Escape, Getaway and Breakaway all have a very nice spa. The spa balcony gives you access to the Mandara Spa thermal suite (saunas, hot tub, heated pool, showers, heated tile loungers, etc). Well worth it imho. We enjoyed it so much on the Escape, that we have a spa balcony reserved for the Getaway.

The Escape' date=' Getaway and Breakaway all have a very nice spa. The spa balcony gives you access to the Mandara Spa thermal suite (saunas, hot tub, heated pool, showers, heated tile loungers, etc). Well worth it imho. We enjoyed it so much on the Escape, that we have a spa balcony reserved for the Getaway.[/quote']

I was in the NCL Epic Spa and that was also really nice. I booked a spa balcony for the Breakaway!

The Escape has the nicest thermal suite. Lots of stone and regular loungers that wrap around the entire bow of the ship. The Saunas have windows that look out over the ocean.

IMHO, the Epic (sailing the Western Carib out of Port Canaveral) has the second nicest thermal suite. It has an outside balcony with loungers and saunas with large picture windows looking out.

Third is the Getaway. The seating is a little tighter than the Escape. And the saunas are on the interior of the ship, so there are no windows.

Edited by BirdTravels

We've only sailed Carnival I've heard good and bad things about NCL what's your thoughts. Some I heard the Escape is crowded, do you get anything else with the spa room other than access to the spa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've only sailed Carnival I've heard good and bad things about NCL what's your thoughts. Some I heard the Escape is crowded, do you get anything else with the spa room other than access to the spa.

The pool area is the most crowded area, but otherwise, the ship handles the crowds pretty well. Most of the big ships have areas that cause congestion, and the buffet can get very busy during peak times. I wouldn't let it deter you from trying the Escape. We love the ship and are looking forward to the Getaway next year. Entertainment, food and service were all excellent. The spa balcony cabin only gives you spa access, and no other privileges. There is a Haven Spa suite, which we had, and that does get you into the Haven areas as well as the spa area.

Do you get bottled water everyday in the spa cabins? How're the UDP or the UBP

I believe Celebrity does that, but NCL does not. The UDP and UBP are great, especially if you get them via the Free at Sea promos. Some complain that bottled water isn't included the UBP, but if it is a free promo, I'm not complaining. We enjoyed 3 meals at the specialty dining venues via our UDP.