Vista Lounge - Regal

lovevacadays

We will be sailing on the Regal in December. I know there is not an Explorer's Lounge and that there is a lot of entertainment in the Piazza. I hope I don't miss the Explorer's Lounge. What can you tell me about the entertainment and activities that happen in the Vista Lounge? Also, where does the typical house band play most of the time? You know, the one that plays by the pool and typically plays several times in Explorer's

Checking the Patters from my most recent Regal cruise (17-day TA) in April 2015, here are some of the Vista Lounge's activities which varies on each evening.

Big band dancing with Princess Band (7:30 & 9:30)

Movies (7:15 & 9:30)

Legend of Rock n Roll (8:15 & 10:15)

British Invasion (8:00)

Musical murder mystery (8:45)

Pub night trivia (9:15)

Ye Olde Pub Night (10:00)

Classical Masterpieces (8:00 & 9:30)

Musical Showtime: Divas (8:00 & 10:00)

Ventriloquist (7:30 & 9:15)

ABC Trivia (7:30)

Various Game shows

Comedy show (7:15, 8:15 & 10:15)

Not sure about the house band but there is music & dancing sometimes in the Piazza. The Regal's very small Wheelhouse Bar only had a pianist or quartet playing there & was merely a bar attached to the Crown Grill.

CC has a sticky at the top of this forum with 3,000+ photos of the Regal & here's a link that shows the Wheelhouse & CG area.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/wheelhouse-bar-and-crown-grill-100443/

Edited by Astro Flyer

We will be sailing on the Regal in December. I know there is not an Explorer's Lounge and that there is a lot of entertainment in the Piazza. I hope I don't miss the Explorer's Lounge. What can you tell me about the entertainment and activities that happen in the Vista Lounge? Also, where does the typical house band play most of the time? You know, the one that plays by the pool and typically plays several times in Explorer's

They usually had entertainment(singers & such)You'd think the word "Vista" meant great views. Really surprised that there's NO real lounges/bars with a decent sea view. Cunard/Celebrity excelled here.