Is Starbucks included in new Deluxe and Replenish Drink pacakges?

Shell4624

This is frustrating. I bought the drink package only when learning that the revamped packages were going to include Starbucks! :mad: I wonder if they will honor the terms for those who purchased it before the change?

I as well booked the PP (Deluxe) for three upcoming cruises knowing that Starbucks would be included. Best business practice would be for RCI to cover Starbucks for all those who booked the PP expecting Starbucks. They need to come out and clarify their position on this matter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Add me to the list of unhappy customers who purchased the new beverage package partly because of starbucks drinks being included. My cruise isn't until April but the fact that I could get a starbucks ice coffee in the morning is what made me decide to get the package. There will be days where I will only have 3 or 4 drinks but I figured the specialty coffee drinks would almost balance it out.

If we booked under the brochure (which I saved) that said it was included, I really wish Royal would step up and allow those passengers to purchase them. Or at least offer them a reimbursement for the starbucks coffees they buy on the cruise.

I came back to Royal because I was tired of Carnival and Norwegian cutbacks and stunts like this.... Guess Royal is declining as well.

Anyone know buy me purchasing the deluxe package, is Starbucks covered on Adventure of the Seas?

All specialty coffee is included in the Deluxe package on Adventure. They may or may not use Starbucks beans.

If we booked under the brochure (which I saved) that said it was included, I really wish Royal would step up and allow those passengers to purchase them. Or at least offer them a reimbursement for the starbucks coffees they buy on the cruise.
Well, I saved the (old) brochure too -- just now.:D:D

Seriously, I don't see how they can differentiate when you bought your package and when i bought mine. It seems the package was inclusive of Starbucks for only several days. If you bought your package just because Starbucks was included, I am afraid you are probably going to have to cancel your package and buy a different one before you set sail.

It would have been nice, but completely unworkable.

Edited by Ellipooh

I'm so confused. I am sailing on the Freedom, if Starbucks isn't included, where would I get premium coffee from? I can only justify getting the Premium package if it includes Starbucks.

I just disembarked the Freedom on Sunday.

We had pre-purchased (long ago) the Premium package, which was converted to the new Deluxe package onboard (using Ultimate package stickers on the Seapass cards since they didn't have the Deluxe stickers yet). You confused yet? 😂

The Starbucks drinks at Cafe Promenade WERE included. I had many iced chai tea lattes, and my other half had numerous frappuccinos with extra espresso shots. She also got straight espresso shots to take to the Bull & Bear pub to have them make espresso martinis.

All of the above is of course subject to change with Royal. [emoji12]

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

Guess I just saved myself from spending nearly $200 because I was going to get the package mostly for Starbucks. Their loss!

I noticed that you are sailing on Anthem. As there are no Starbucks kiosks on Anthem all the specialty coffees from the different venues that may be using Starbucks beans are included. This change only affects the Starbucks on Oasis class ships.

I noticed that you are sailing on Anthem. As there are no Starbucks kiosks on Anthem all the specialty coffees from the different venues that may be using Starbucks beans are included. This change only affects the Starbucks on Oasis class ships.

The price still increased by a decent amount though. I won't drink enough coffee to make it worth spending nearly $200 lol. Although with an 18 month old and a 3 year old sailing with me, I might... :D

I just disembarked the Freedom on Sunday.

We had pre-purchased (long ago) the Premium package, which was converted to the new Deluxe package onboard (using Ultimate package stickers on the Seapass cards since they didn't have the Deluxe stickers yet). You confused yet? 😂

The Starbucks drinks at Cafe Promenade WERE included. I had many iced chai tea lattes, and my other half had numerous frappuccinos with extra espresso shots. She also got straight espresso shots to take to the Bull & Bear pub to have them make espresso martinis.

All of the above is of course subject to change with Royal. [emoji12]

Dan.

Thanks...I guess what's so confusing is when I originally booked the Ultimate Drink Package it said stand alone Starbucks were not included. So really nothing has changed.

Wow I got really lucky then I was on the 9/10 Oasis sailing right after the drink packages changed. Originally bought a premium and got upgraded to deluxe and the coffees at the stand alone Starbucks were included it was great. Sad they won't be included anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price still increased by a decent amount though. I won't drink enough coffee to make it worth spending nearly $200 lol. Although with an 18 month old and a 3 year old sailing with me, I might... :D

What were you going to use it for then? The exact same coffee drinks are allowed on your ship when you booked the package as they are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks...I guess what's so confusing is when I originally booked the Ultimate Drink Package it said stand alone Starbucks were not included. So really nothing has changed.

And really I'm not sure they ever intended to have the true Starbucks places included. The initial brochure that I saw had a caveat if "at some locations" or something like that. I think, and tried to say so at the time, that that meant "sbux espresso is included at cafe promenade type locations but not at the few actual sbux locations", but they couldn't figure out how to say that.

So.. we are traveling on Oasis.. the stand-alone Starbucks won't be included.

What I can't remember is.. does the Cafe Promenade have special coffee drinks also? or not because there is a Starbucks on the ship? Can you get a Frappucino type drink at the Cafe Promenade?

And really I'm not sure they ever intended to have the true Starbucks places included. The initial brochure that I saw had a caveat if "at some locations" or something like that. I think, and tried to say so at the time, that that meant "sbux espresso is included at cafe promenade type locations but not at the few actual sbux locations", but they couldn't figure out how to say that.

By the wording on the flyer (that they have since changed) it sounded to me like it was quite intentional to include Starbucks. They actually made a big deal out of it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=394685&d=1474414096

7. For the Deluxe and Refreshment packages that offer premium coffee, does this include Starbucks?

a. In effort to make enjoying and relaxing easier for our guests, the premium coffee packages now include offerings at the onboard Starbucks licensed stores (excluding non-coffee merchandise).

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I will bring the copy of the original Q and A stating that starbucks was included on my February cruise and see if they will honor it. I would imagine that they will reimburse any purchases at starbucks at the end of the cruise on your final bill if you have a copy. Hard to argue if its in their face and they see you purchased before they changed it.

So.. we are traveling on Oasis.. the stand-alone Starbucks won't be included.

What I can't remember is.. does the Cafe Promenade have special coffee drinks also? or not because there is a Starbucks on the ship? Can you get a Frappucino type drink at the Cafe Promenade?

cafe promenade does have special coffee drinks and frappuccino-type drinks that are included. they will just be a different coffee brand (usually seattle's best, but it's been years since i've been on oasis so it might be something else).

Just off Oasis this past Saturday, September 17th. I had the Royal Replenish package pre-paid at $19 a day and my friend purchased the Royal Replenish package on the ship for $26 a day. Both of these included drinks from the "Stand Alone Starbucks", in Starbucks cups as well and also included Fraps. We could also get Seattle's Best Specialty coffees from Cafe Promenade and Park Cafe.

cafe promenade does have special coffee drinks and frappuccino-type drinks that are included. they will just be a different coffee brand (usually seattle's best, but it's been years since i've been on oasis so it might be something else).

It is Seattle's Best

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was actually quite to the contrary. The FAQ sheet, prepared and distributed by RCL read:

"7. For the Deluxe and Refreshment packages that offer premium coffee, does this include Starbucks?

a. In effort to make enjoying and relaxing easier for our guests, the premium coffee packages now include offerings at the onboard Starbucks licensed stores (excluding non-coffee merchandise)."

(Emphasis mine)

Two things are clear from this answer. First, it was a change. The packages previously included premium coffee at Cafe Promenade et. al., not the Starbucks stores. Thus, it would not have been a change for them to include Cafe Promenade.

Second, "Starbucks licensed stores" can only refer to the "actual" Starbucks, "stand alone kiosks" or whatever- not Cafe Promenade.

So I think it was obvious that the original announcement reflected an intentional change to include the Starbucks kiosk in these drink packages, as reflected by the experience of those recently onboard.

Now RCL is backpedaling...

Edited by oceanseagle12
spelling and clarification