Current state of Allure vs Oasis

We are in the beginning stages of planning a cruise for next summer for the hubby, myself, and our son (then 5). It would be the little man's first cruise and we are thinking of flying to Florida to try the Oasis class because A) I've always wanted to and B) they look excellent for families.

I've done a preliminary cost comparison and it doesn't look like the overall difference in cost between the two ships is substantial when airfare to Orlando vs FLL is factored in. To help tip the scales, what can the well traveled members of CC tell me about the current state of the two ships? Is one going to be a better choice due to upkeep, crew, etc?

Yummy imaginary cookies for your troubles :)

Having sailed them both from FLL over the past two years, there was one thing I did notice.

It seems that the workers are much happier and friendlier on the Allure.

When we sailed the Oasis, it seemed people were just going thru the motions and working.

Other than that, love the Oasis class.

Look at the shows, see which one interest you.

Look to see when you go, because I believe Oasis is going to port canavaral.

Good luck

I have been on both in the past year and a half.

The biggest difference for me is the broadway shows. Allure has Mamma Mia, which was awesome, and Oasis has Cats, which I didn't see (and don't have much desire to see).

I would rather fly into and cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, compared to Orlando/Port Canaveral.

It seems that the workers are much happier and friendlier on the Allure.

When we sailed the Oasis, it seemed people were just going thru the motions and working.

I'll disagree with you here. We felt that both ships had crew members that really stood out, but that Oasis was more organized and had the overall happier crew.

I'll disagree with you here. We felt that both ships had crew members that really stood out, but that Oasis was more organized and had the overall happier crew.

That is nice, you had a what sounds like a great time on the Oasis.

But for us it was lacking in personality-----

That is why we stay with the Allure, for us it was newer, Larger (lol by a tad) and the staff top notch.

And the workers really made our cruise fabulous.

We were able to have CL ( L1 and L2) on both cruises, and the conciernages on the Allure were so much more friendlier than on the Oasis, (I know it could just be their personalities) but the ones on the Allure really were able to meet our needs.

I guess to each his own.

Enjoy

We do

Edited by Lionesss

That is nice, you had a what sounds like a great time on the Oasis.

But for us it was lacking in personality-----

That is why we stay with the Allure, for us it was newer, Larger (lol by a tad) and the staff top notch.

And the workers really made our cruise fabulous.

We were able to have CL ( L1 and L2) on both cruises, and the conciernages on the Allure were so much more friendlier than on the Oasis, (I know it could just be their personalities) but the ones on the Allure really were able to meet our needs.

I guess to each his own.

Enjoy

We do

Lioness' experience was mine as well, both times in fact. I thought the crew on Allure were superior and had more personality than on Oasis. But I prefer Oasis' shows for the most part.

Hm, maybe just an off week for Allure. Or just bad luck on our part. By no means was Allure's service bad, we just had a better experience service-wise on Oasis.

In my opinion, both ships are great. OP, whatever you choose, have an awesome time!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Besides the difference in shows and port, Oasis has Solarium Bistro and Allure has Samba Grill.

I was just on Allure and people were extremely friendly!! We did have a solarium cafe which turns into a Brazilian steakhouse in the evening.