Drink Price Questions

dbarton02

Hey Everyone!

Beating the 'dead horse' drink package topic from a different angle, here.

I saw the new drink package show up in the booking area (and a couple threads investigating their worth). I know in the fine print it says for drinks up to $12.

Basic question here is: On the Anthem, what are the drinks you can have for $12 - and is there anything "typical" on the drink menus that are above that $12 threshold?

We're comparing costs factoring what we'd drink with the package, and I don't want to buy it if I'm still going to be paying more or extra for the stuff I want.

Hey Everyone!

Beating the 'dead horse' drink package topic from a different angle, here.

I saw the new drink package show up in the booking area (and a couple threads investigating their worth). I know in the fine print it says for drinks up to $12.

Basic question here is: On the Anthem, what are the drinks you can have for $12 - and is there anything "typical" on the drink menus that are above that $12 threshold?

We're comparing costs factoring what we'd drink with the package, and I don't want to buy it if I'm still going to be paying more or extra for the stuff I want.

Check out page 2: http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

And for more information: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/FAQs_Beverage_Package_Relaunch.pdf

Check out page 2: http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

Is there a US version of this flyer floating around with the drink menu? The drink menu/list on there is pretty extensive, but from what I understand the menu onboard is very limited.

Not that I've seen, sorry.

Edited by rhuntington3

Not sure what you mean by 'the menu onboard'....if you mean the alchohols they stock - there is some variation. If you mean the 'drink ideas' that they print on what might be considered a menu - those are not the only things sold in most of the bars. You can ask them for just about anything they have the ingredients for and they will make it for you!

It's important a to note that none of this is true when in 'Texas' waters....the 'country' of Texas has some different rules for its adult beverages than everywhere else!!! Mainly - that they must be purchased there and the taxes paid there...RC only chooses to purchase a limited menu from Texas so that first few miles are a little restricted!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm guessing more expensive brand of scotch and wine. Something like just a glass of Johnny Walker Blue. You'll get $12 to cover that $40-50 glass of scotch. If they offer it anywhere.

Blue was about 24 last year ( so 12 above the limit) , Platinum which is 18 year old Johnny Walker was 15 so just 3 above limit, most of the better wine we ordered was only a few dollars above of course Caymus was abut double the limit, every 12 year old scotch was included