Lamanai Ruins & River Boat Safari question

Djdarleen

I remember it being a slow grade uphill. I was very overweight and out of shape at the time and huffed and puffed through the tour (and vowed to go home and lose weight, which I did). You have the opportunity to climb the pyramid as well. Even after spraying some Off, I came back covered in mosquito and fire ant bites. Wear light khaki colors and long sleeves & long khaki pants tucked in to your socks. Use an entire can of Off! And remember to bring cash to purchase drinks with lunch. It was cash only and no ATM. Other than the bugs and being thirsty, it was a really exciting excursion. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did climb the pyramid and it was worth it. Great view and it was up there when we started hearing the howler monkeys! Very cool. We joked at first that they were piping in sound effects, it was so dramatic of a sound! Our tour guide encouraged us to take turns swinging on some grapevines. This was several years ago, so may not be there now. We also had lunch served to us at the boat dock. Sounds like they take you somewhere for lunch now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your responses and advice. Much appreciated! Yes, when we first booked the tour I was thinking Capri pants... Then I remembered the rain forest on Maui and how buggy it was! That's when I figured long pants and long sleeves were in order! I've packed a bottle of Eco friendly bug repellent and bug repelling wrist bands as well. So looking forward to seeing these ruins!!!