UK fly cruises

Blondie008

I cant remember with NCL what happens with Fly cruises?

ie - when can we choose seats etc?

We are flying KLM out and BA back - Our edocs show "Download Edocs" but when I try to download them its just a reservation login screen.

Edocs probably ready at 30 days - but can anyone tell me when you got to choose your seats - were you able to pay extra and pre book seats together?

I know with Celebrity you can do this but I have a feeling with NCL it was different - and yet, something tells me the last time we sailed on Epic, we flew KLM out to Barcelona and were able to book our seats on KLM?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by Blondie008

I am flying out to Epic with BA and it has been interesting so far!. I have never received any emails from NCL and was worried about my edocs. I did not know I needed them because nobody told me. I eventually managed to register with NCL but got no further, just error messages and both my browsers blocking the NCL site with warnings about invalid security certificates. The final option was phoning the 0845 help line and it worked a treat. they gave me a direct web address so I could download my edocs.

Back to flights. apparently NCL will communicate the API data to BA but I still have to check in at Gatwick for the flight. I did not reserve seats as the flight time is less than 2 hours.

Can't help with KLM, but BA joined the rip-off word a few years ago and they charge to book seats more than 24 hours out. Then when you do it at on-line check-in. It is £7 each person each way for Tourist seats and 20 for Business.

However, we have done NCL flights before and couldn't get a Locator Code because they had booked in bulk, so couldn't even do on-line check-in.

Can't help with KLM, but BA joined the rip-off word a few years ago and they charge to book seats more than 24 hours out. Then when you do it at on-line check-in. It is £7 each person each way for Tourist seats and 20 for Business.

However, we have done NCL flights before and couldn't get a Locator Code because they had booked in bulk, so couldn't even do on-line check-in.

That happened to me as well, however I just checked my edocs and there is an e-air record locator ticket number BA-******. that might be what is needed for online check in.

edit - I tried the 6 letter/digit code on the BA site and it worked. I entered my contact details and they asked for the API information so maybe NCL have not passed in on yet. Online check in opens 24 hours before the flight so I will try that. still have to drop the suitcase though. You can book seats as well.

Edited by davecttr

I use BA long haul often - urm - £7??? More like £38 pp per journey -

I will pay though as I like us all to sit together - we have two flights (well four including returns) - we go via Schipol on the way out and via Gatwick I think coming home.

I know I booked our seats with KLM AND added extra baggage last time we did Epic TA in 2014 (our last two cruises since have been celebrity) - I just cannot figure how we did it :(

DAVECTTR ? How far off are you from cruising ? days? weeks? hours? And where did you find the locator reference?

Hi,

I have booked flights with NCL for my cruise on the Epic in a couple of week's time. The record locator reference on the e-docs is for a group booking and doesn't let you manage the booking except for contact details (as it appears).

I booked through a travel agent and asked them to retrieve the PNR for my flight record. I was provided with 2 six digit reference (both flight legs) and I was able to get into my booking on Ba.com. I can book seats (at £15 a flight leg) which I didn't do but more importantly I was able to add my frequent flyer number so will be able to book seats at 7 days out.

I suspect that online check in might not be available (although I might be wrong) but as I am staying up at Gatwick the night before, I plan to use twilight check-in.

Kaz

I use BA long haul often - urm - £7??? More like £38 pp per journey -

I will pay though as I like us all to sit together - we have two flights (well four including returns) - we go via Schipol on the way out and via Gatwick I think coming home.

I know I booked our seats with KLM AND added extra baggage last time we did Epic TA in 2014 (our last two cruises since have been celebrity) - I just cannot figure how we did it :(

DAVECTTR ? How far off are you from cruising ? days? weeks? hours? And where did you find the locator reference?

10 days!

the second page of the e-docs is the guest ticket contract guest copy. At the bottom of the page under 'before and after you cruise' is the e-air itinerary confirmation with the flight details and the record locator ticket number under that.

The cruise is booked via a TA as a package with flights, transfers and a pre cruise hotel stay. I think it is a block booking for the flight but the BA site displayed most of my details as soon as I entered the number and my surname. there were options for reserving seats, online check in, extra luggage allowance etc etc.

Hi,

I have booked flights with NCL for my cruise on the Epic in a couple of week's time. The record locator reference on the e-docs is for a group booking and doesn't let you manage the booking except for contact details (as it appears).

I booked through a travel agent and asked them to retrieve the PNR for my flight record. I was provided with 2 six digit reference (both flight legs) and I was able to get into my booking on Ba.com. I can book seats (at £15 a flight leg) which I didn't do but more importantly I was able to add my frequent flyer number so will be able to book seats at 7 days out.

I suspect that online check in might not be available (although I might be wrong) but as I am staying up at Gatwick the night before, I plan to use twilight check-in.

Kaz

That might be a good option as I am staying at Gatwick before the flight, 6.45am :eek: