Email from Carnival

Jeffrey1950

No need to be unhappy. It works great and helps prevent congestion at the port. Just log into your cruise manager as soon as the times become available and pick the earliest time.

Sue

I agree! I think that it is a great improvement. My daughter and son-in-law sailed with us in June out of Miami, and they picked an early time. They were in Zone 3 - on the ship just minutes after us and we are Plats.

Easier said than done...I live 20 mins. away from the port but personal circumstance's do not allow me to be very flexible with when I arrive.

You can arrive anytime after your selected time, just not before. You do not have to arrive exactly in that half hour window. Staggered check in is a good way to relieve congestion at the ports and has gotten very good reviews since they started implementing it last year. You have never heard of it before and you are unhappy about it????? Learn what it is and give it a try, you might find you like it.