Woman overboard on Carnival Ecstasy

OHCruisin

Horrible way to go. Very selfish, suicide is. To her family and to the other cruisers.

One doesn't simply *fall overboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please don't jump to conclusions. She could have been drunk, slipped something in her drink, showing off, mentally ill, pushed. We don't know and probably never will.

Edited by VASOXFANN

I didn't see that in either article. Even so, that doesn't necessarily mean suicide

There is a statement from Carnival on page one of the other thread. You are right, it doesn't necessarily mean suicide. Maybe she thought she could fly? Seriously? What else would it be.

CORRECTION....I thought it was a video, but it was a witness....but with all of the camera's, they probably do have it on video.

Edited by champagne123
ssssss

I'm not saying it isn't suicide. It may very well be. I just think it's wrong to speculate when we really don't know.

People do some crazy things when under the influence of various substances (again, not speculating, just offering another possible explanation). Mental illness can also cause people to do things unintentional.

For the family's sake, I'd just rather we not speculate until there's definitive proof (ie a note).

There is a statement from Carnival on page one of the other thread. You are right, it doesn't necessarily mean suicide. Maybe she thought she could fly? Seriously? What else would it be.

I don't think I've ever quoted myself before, but since you didn't read what I posted, here you go AGAIN...

Please don't jump to conclusions. She could have been drunk, [someone] slipped something in her drink, showing off, mentally ill, pushed. We don't know and probably never will.
Edited by VASOXFANN

Just on the news:

32 year old woman, Rina Patel of Interlaken , NY was seen by several people jumping overboard at 2:30am from the 11th Deck.

Holy crap! I know her! :eek:

I grew up 7 miles from Interlaken. My first job was working for her family :( They are some of the nicest people you could ever meet.

I am not kidding

RIP :(

Edited by VASOXFANN

Holy crap! I know her! :eek:

I grew up 7 miles from Interlaken. My first job was working for her family :( They are some of the nicest people you could ever meet.

I am not kidding

RIP :(

Blessings and prayers...it is a gift, your comments here, to the family...so sorry for your loss...RIP.

I mean it...the order of the way you said things will mean the world...all compassion does...and you said it before you knew, they had a wonderful employee to start out in life.

Edited by sjn911

Horrible way to go. Very selfish, suicide is. To her family and to the other cruisers.

One doesn't simply *fall overboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually, suicide is desperation and blindness. Experiencing a pain you see no escape from and a blindness to any value you have on this earth. Depression knows no bounds and if you have not walked through that valley yourself or with someone you dearly love, you really have no idea.

I just hope I don't trip over my own two feet and fall overboard on my upcoming cruise!

I don't understand why the news media can't seem to understand that one doesn't fall off of a ship...they either jump over the side or are either pushed or thrown off. I've actually had people ask me if I have ever been nervous going on a cruise because of the chance of falling off! I admit I have some dense friends.

Regardless, it's sad that anyone thinks killing themselves is the answer to their problems.

Edited by Cushing985

Actually, suicide is desperation and blindness. Experiencing a pain you see no escape from and a blindness to any value you have on this earth. Depression knows no bounds and if you have not walked through that valley yourself or with someone you dearly love, you really have no idea.

Agree.

One does not simply *fall overboard.

period.

She agrees on that, she said we do not know particulars...and then in a second of shock.... found out she knew the family!!! We need some reading the whole thing and some kindness here..and to forget about being "right".

Sorry, this strikes a need for deep respect here nerve...when someone dies due to some personal frailty..it is normal to think well I won't go that way or that "stupidly"..but that is a human response and psychological protection and none of us are immune form human and quite grand failure...where we least thought we could or would ever fail.

Edited by sjn911