Kid program on Oasis

Teibban

Might be a long shot but our native language is French and my 2 kids which are 5 and 8 does not really speak English (oldest starting to learn this year). Anyone knows if they have any personnel in the kid club speaking French? We are sailing on the Oasis in February 2016 from Port Canaveral.

Thanks all.

Jonathan

The staff changes all the time. It is very possible that there is a French speaking staff member, but you won't know in advance. that said, there are many kids whose first language is not English, and the all find a way of having fun and understanding one another.

We have been on the Oasis 7 times, and use the childcare every time. My husband and I had the same conversation with the Royal tots staff on the Oasis regarding language. The staff is instructed only to speak English, even if the staff speaks your child's native language, they are not allowed to speak a language other than English to the child. There was staff member that spoke Italian and Spanish, but we were disappointed to find out she was not allowed to speak anything other than English to our child.

It didn't seem to be an issue, the staff showed us each child in the tot nursery at the time and said that child speaks only Arabic, that child speaks only French, that child speaks only German, none of them speak English. They said the children easily adapt to English and understand fine, and it's never a problem.

However, these were younger children, your children are a few years older that could make a difference. I did notice when we saw the older adventure ocean kids in the windjammer eating lunch, probably 10 out of 12 children did not speak English. They seems to be having a good time, and were chattering away to each other in multiple languages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums