Just a walk through the forest.

Timsierramist

I'm sailing to Ocho Rios on NCL Epic in January. I'm an avid hiker (even though i'm a bit out of shape) and I realize one thing I've always wanted to do was hike through a rain forest. Since a lot of the island is in fact covered in forest, i'm curious if there are any nature parks that are within a short taxi ride from the port or even one of the shore excursions that has this added benefit.

I don't mean like a long day hike or anything. A short 1/2 mile trail through an epic rain forest would suffice ye 'ol Bucket list, even if it isn' the Amazon ;-).

Not really interested in a guide necessarily pointing out this fern or that tree, just want to hike solo, even if there are a few people on the trail. For example, Dunn's River Falls is a park. Besides the obvious, any further forest trails to explore?

Since this is my first visit to Jamaica (well, the Caribbean actually), you know I have to hit up the Cruise Critic Forums from the experts (that's you).

Thanks folks!