Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I may be way off course here but..............Radiance of the Seas April 2018 Transpacific, which we are booked on, is surprisingly showing "sold out" 11 months prior to sailing ...... lucky for RCL if she is :rolleyes: however not one to believe everything one see's I went searching Australian ports schedules and low and behold find her in Darwin on Wed 19 September 2018 !!!!!! that's around the time of year she would depart from Honolulu for her transpacific....... ..:confused::confused: can't be in 2 places at once. Smoke screen, error or ???????

Royal's AU site is showing Interior and Outside cabins available on this cruise. Balcony and suite are showing sold out.

That Radiance entry in Darwin could be a placeholder for another ship though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Royal's AU site is showing Interior and Outside cabins available on this cruise. Balcony and suite are showing sold out.

That Radiance entry in Darwin could be a placeholder for another ship though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely showed as "sold out" earlier in the day......gremlins 😉😊

My guess is that you'll see Oasis doing the 7 night Med runs in 2019, as she's due for a dry dock that year.

Seems that would be a perfect time to put the Passion in PC as a replacement for some shakedown cruises until Oasis gets back.

however not one to believe everything one see's I went searching Australian ports schedules and low and behold find her in Darwin on Wed 19 September 2018 !!!!!! that's around the time of year she would depart from Honolulu for her transpacific....... ..:confused::confused: can't be in 2 places at once. Smoke screen, error or ???????

Whatever ship that booking is for in Darwin Royal would have to cancel one ship's cruise to honour if they are in fact going to use Wed 19 September 2018. Great find badgerbill.

Port of Los Angeles has deleted the Vision of the Seas booking in November 2018.

Edited by springaussie

I like to cruise in May & really want to do a Mediteranean cruise May 2019. I hate that I have to wait to book it, and I really hope it's NOT an Oasis class ship. I hope they bring Freedom back. It will be my first time in Europe & who has time for a huge ship with all the port days

I'm hoping to book a Celebrity cruise for Europe 2019. Royal has disappointed me so much on my last few cruises. I have no idea what Celebrity is like - never sailed them, but

this year they have itineraries I like better than RCI's. Guess we'll see what the 2019/2020 deployment brings :confused:

I like to cruise in May & really want to do a Mediteranean cruise May 2019. I hate that I have to wait to book it, and I really hope it's NOT an Oasis class ship. I hope they bring Freedom back. It will be my first time in Europe & who has time for a huge ship with all the port days

Why not do Jewel from Civitavecchia, if she is still there?

IMO, Oasis Class in the Med is not really targeted to Americans who want to see Europe, but rather Europeans who want to see the ship and do not wish to fly to the States. LOTS of people stay on the ship on those sailings. On HM last Oct, I only got off in Naples, and many stayed onboard while on AL the year before.

IMO, Oasis Class in the Med is not really targeted to Americans who want to see Europe, but rather Europeans who want to see the ship and do not wish to fly to the States. LOTS of people stay on the ship on those sailings. On HM last Oct, I only got off in Naples, and many stayed onboard while on AL the year before.

I'm looking at all possibilities but we've never been to Europe & Barcelona & Florence are the most important Ports of call for my husband I I really want to see Provence & Amalfi Coast I wish we could do a 12 day but it's a bit out of budget, but who knows.

Not saying what you stating is wrong, just that Oasis class out of USA also has more passengers staying on ships and more scheduled things to do during port days then the other class of ships do...

Not saying what you stating is wrong, just that Oasis class out of USA also has more passengers staying on ships and more scheduled things to do during port days then the other class of ships do...

I know - I've done Oasis Class in the Caribbean and Med, but bear in mind that the Med itineraries only have 1 sea day, while the Caribbean ones have 3, so that leads to more staying on the ship, especially at mediocre ports such as Marseilles.

I'm looking at all possibilities but we've never been to Europe & Barcelona & Florence are the most important Ports of call for my husband I I really want to see Provence & Amalfi Coast I wish we could do a 12 day but it's a bit out of budget, but who knows.

I have checked the Jewel itinerary, and the ports on it aren't great.

It's over 2 years away, so you have plenty of time to save for the 12 nighter, whether that is on Brilliance, Vision or another ship. Only negative about that one is that it goes to Salerno, rather than Naples, but Salerno would be good for the Amalfi Coast.

BTW - I do agree that the European itineraries aren't much, I've done my cruises there, and will try to stick to the Caribbean in the future (although Symphony will likely lure me back to the Med).

I would suggest that you spring for the longer European itinerary. One week cannot do justice to the places you want to see, and you would just have to go back at some point, anyway. 12 nights would be more economical in the long run. JMO :)

I would suggest that you spring for the longer European itinerary. One week cannot do justice to the places you want to see, and you would just have to go back at some point, anyway. 12 nights would be more economical in the long run. JMO :)

I agree. I originally had a 7 night Greek Isles cruise book and quickly switched it to a 10 night Adriatic sailing. Best decision ever as I had 6 ports as opposed to 4 [emoji4] you never know when you'll be able to back to that side of the world so take full advantage when you get over there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well Adventure is indeed moving to NJ for summer and fall 2018 (in addition to Anthem), which was previously announced.

I doubt the Anthem rumor, especially being that it's coming from onboard.

I was just looking at Adventure itineraries and it appears that they / we are going to have another PVSA fiasco. I know some of you are booked on either the September or October Vision Quebec run and back to Bayonne, with some continuing on to Galveston. We had the Rhapsody booked back to Tampa before they made the change to Vision. However now just the Bayonne to Bayonne cruises. I looked to see if they were offering the same in 2018.

Now, if you look at the 2018 Adventure runs, September's B2B is OK but the October B2B (actually starting Sept 28) can not be done because it is Bayonne to Quebec - Quebec to Ft Lauderdale without any foreign distant port. A violation of the PVSA!!??

I bet they let people book the B2B and then they will have to call to say you can't do that, just like some prior years' repositionings, or redo the itinerary to include one of the ABCs.

Or, have I missed something here.

I was just looking at Adventure itineraries and it appears that they / we are going to have another PVSA fiasco. I know some of you are booked on either the September or October Vision Quebec run and back to Bayonne, with some continuing on to Galveston. We had the Rhapsody booked back to Tampa before they made the change to Vision. However now just the Bayonne to Bayonne cruises. I looked to see if they were offering the same in 2018.

Now, if you look at the 2018 Adventure runs, September's B2B is OK but the October B2B (actually starting Sept 28) can not be done because it is Bayonne to Quebec - Quebec to Ft Lauderdale without any foreign distant port. A violation of the PVSA!!??

I bet they let people book the B2B and then they will have to call to say you can't do that, just like some prior years' repositionings, or redo the itinerary to include one of the ABCs.

Or, have I missed something here.

As you described it, it would be a problem. You can not get on in Bayonne and get off in FLL without going to one of the ABC's

I wonder how long it takes Royal to figure it out.

As you described it, it would be a problem. You can not get on in Bayonne and get off in FLL without going to one of the ABC's

I wonder how long it takes Royal to figure it out.

Out of curiosity - why can you not go from Bayonne to FLL without going to one of the ABC's?

Out of curiosity - why can you not go from Bayonne to FLL without going to one of the ABC's?

The PVSA law prohibits transporting passengers between two different US ports without visiting a distant foreign port. That means ABC, South America, or farther. Ports in San Juan and the USVI are exempt.

Why would you have to go to one of the ABC'S? Couldn't you go to Bermuda or Nassau?

Since it's not a closed end cruise (starting and ending at the same US port), they are required to go to a distant foreign port.

Thanks for your fast response, Bob, But I still don't get it. How foreign is foreign? Chief?

Closed end cruises based out of the US have to visit any foreign (non US) port to be legal.

Cruises from one US port to a different US port also have to visit a foreign (non US) port and that foreign port has to be farther away from the US, such as ABC or South America.

Closed end cruises based out of the US have to visit any foreign (non US) port to be legal.

Cruises from one US port to a different US port also have to visit a foreign (non US) port and that foreign port has to be farther away from the US, such as ABC or South America.

Thanks, but weird!:eek: