Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Thanks Patti, the word distant was too vague for my brain.

Now we have a measurement .

Yep....but I don't believe the law states a measurement...it lists areas as previously posts have said. That 600 nautical miles is basically a placebo that has no legal meaning to the PVSA.

Although off topic, this PVSA is why all the one way cruises in Alaska either leave from or arrive in Vancouver and not Seattle, but the round trip inside passage cruises to Alaska do use Seattle.

Although off topic, this PVSA is why all the one way cruises in Alaska either leave from or arrive in Vancouver and not Seattle, but the round trip inside passage cruises to Alaska do use Seattle.

Correct.

Anyone?? April 2019 Sydney to Hawaii then onto Seattle.

On our Freedom TA the next cruise person knew about as much as I did, which was nothing.

I'm medically grounded to North America for 2018 so really want to be able to have 2019 to look forward to.

Anyone?? April 2019 Sydney to Hawaii then onto Seattle.

On our Freedom TA the next cruise person knew about as much as I did, which was nothing.

I'm medically grounded to North America for 2018 so really want to be able to have 2019 to look forward to.

It was supposed to be released May 15 but was delayed until early June..............we are also awaiting.

We just got off Explorer 4 nt. Best of BC and we are on the April/18 Transpacific Sydney to Seattle. We were told by a few of the crew that ours will be the last spring Transpacific for Explorer, they will have a fall Seattle to Sydney and Explorer will be going to San Juan. We were told that another ship will be replacing Explorer.

We just got off Explorer 4 nt. Best of BC and we are on the April/18 Transpacific Sydney to Seattle. We were told by a few of the crew that ours will be the last spring Transpacific for Explorer, they will have a fall Seattle to Sydney and Explorer will be going to San Juan. We were told that another ship will be replacing Explorer.

So Explorer isn't coming back to Australia for the 2018/2019 season?

Thank you for the info.......so I guess we are awaiting to see who the new ship is

Exciting! I wonder if it also means Voyager will now stay instead of doing year round in Singapore as planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe the brand new ship after Symphony or an Oasis class?

Would love and Oasis class down here in Australia, just not sure there are many ports it could visit. Although I guess if you're going on An Oasis ship you're not really doing it for the ports.

Would love and Oasis class down here in Australia, just not sure there are many ports it could visit. Although I guess if you're going on An Oasis ship you're not really doing it for the ports.

I will be very disappointed if there is no Voyager Class doing the Australia runs. I really hate the bigger ships and prefer a smaller ship and better ports. A Freedom or Radiance class ship would also work for us :)

I will be very disappointed if there is no Voyager Class doing the Australia runs. I really hate the bigger ships and prefer a smaller ship and better ports. A Freedom or Radiance class ship would also work for us :)

Surely they would have to leave a voyager class ship down here. They're too popular. That's why if Explorer is going I'd hope they decided to leave Voyager down here.

Surely they would have to leave a voyager class ship down here. They're too popular. That's why if Explorer is going I'd hope they decided to leave Voyager down here.

You can fit a lot more people on Quantum Class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange because Freedom is already going to San Juan..

It does sound strange. The 2018 Explorer TP us open for booking. I will be boarding the Explorer next Friday and will see what I can find out.

The 2018 TP on Explorer open for booking is Sydney to Seattle, which based on the info above is not changed (the poster advising the info is even booked on it). The 2018 TP in April is part of the 2017/2018 season, which are all available to book and no changes.

The poster is talking about the 2018/2019 season, in which they state Explorer won't have any more spring TP and after returning to Sydney from Seattle will go to San Juan.

We won't know until June when the 2018/2019 is released. Not too long now!

The 2018 TP on Explorer open for booking is Sydney to Seattle, which based on the info above is not changed (the poster advising the info is even booked on it). The 2018 TP in April is part of the 2017/2018 season, which are all available to book and no changes.

The poster is talking about the 2018/2019 season, in which they state Explorer won't have any more spring TP and after returning to Sydney from Seattle will go to San Juan.

We won't know until June when the 2018/2019 is released. Not too long now!

In that case why would she return to Sydney if they can send her to SJ via the Panama Canal?

In that case why would she return to Sydney if they can send her to SJ via the Panama Canal?

Strange because Freedom is already going to San Juan..

I agree!

While I love it that RC is actually moving some ships around to give some variety, I find it weird that they would move EX to SJU after FR having only been there one year. (FR arrives in SJU May 2018).

What route would EX travel to get from Sydney (or wherever in that part of the world) to get to SJU?

Could Anthem having the propulsion problems be the cause of the big ship shuffle?

It was reported here that Anthem staff were claiming they are off to Asia on a cruise last week.

I assume Anthem is too big for Freeport and the dry dock will be done in Asia or Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If memory serves me well, an Oasis Class did a brief (dry) dock at Freeport!

That was an unusual situation where a portion of the ship was out of the water to work on the propulsion area. I don't believe the dry docks at Freeport have the ability to take an entire Oasis class ship out of the water. Not sure if the same size restriction applies to Anthem.