Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I just wanted to say how extraordinarily grateful I am to all of you who have contributed your knowledge (whether from press releases, digging on various cruise websites, or from insider TA info) to this thread. We sailed on Explorer in April 2016 on her 24 night Transpacific and it was just amazing -- the best experience I've ever had. I fell in love with Hawaii and I've been looking for an excuse to return ever since! And Radiance's upcoming TP release is just perfect for that. We're so looking forward to the opportunity of booking this cruise and getting the chance to plan another 'perfect' holiday :D

I just wanted to say how extraordinarily grateful I am to all of you who have contributed your knowledge (whether from press releases, digging on various cruise websites, or from insider TA info) to this thread. We sailed on Explorer in April 2016 on her 24 night Transpacific and it was just amazing -- the best experience I've ever had. I fell in love with Hawaii and I've been looking for an excuse to return ever since! And Radiance's upcoming TP release is just perfect for that. We're so looking forward to the opportunity of booking this cruise and getting the chance to plan another 'perfect' holiday :D

I did this cruise last year on Radiance, while I wasn't a fan of the ship (different reasons) it's absolutely worth it for the ports. You are going to have an amazing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did this cruise last year on Radiance, while I wasn't a fan of the ship (different reasons) it's absolutely worth it for the ports. You are going to have an amazing time.

Thanks :) We always wanted to visit Bora Bora and Tahiti and this seems the best way to accomplish it. I hope we'll enjoy Radiance class -- we enjoyed Vision class before and we have 3 upcoming Vision class cruises so we'll be in the 'smaller ship' mind-frame (we hope!). We loved Explorer though. Really enjoyed our TP experience last year.

This may be a bit premature, however if 2018/19 Explorer is not returning to Australia, and Voyager is remaining in Singapore, which equates to approx 6,276 passengers, what are the chances that they are considering to send another Quantum class vessel here, and then redeploy one to China and the other to Alaska? Alternatively, maybe a Oasis class, if the OPT can handle this class of vessel.

Sorry, I meant 2019/2020 cruise deployment, and with the well documented berthing options in Sydney.

Sorry, I meant 2019/2020 cruise deployment, and with the well documented berthing options in Sydney.

If its 2019/2020 you could be looking at Passion Of The Seas, a quantum plus ship so it's still a mystery as to whether she will alternate bewteen Asia and Australia. If Passion does comes to Australia, one of the ships (Explorer, Radiance or Ovation) will have to leave unless Sydney can get their new cruise terminal up and running.

RCL pulled Mariner out in order to replace her with Passion, their newest ship. Maybe that's the plan down the road that all new class of ships will be heading down to Asia. I'm guessing Melody of the Seas due in 2021 is when RCL will finally bring an Oasis class to Asia.

If its 2019/2020 you could be looking at Passion Of The Seas, a quantum plus ship so it's still a mystery as to whether she will alternate bewteen Asia and Australia. If Passion does comes to Australia, one of the ships (Explorer, Radiance or Ovation) will have to leave unless Sydney can get their new cruise terminal up and running.

RCL pulled Mariner out in order to replace her with Passion, their newest ship. Maybe that's the plan down the road that all new class of ships will be heading down to Asia. I'm guessing Melody of the Seas due in 2021 is when RCL will finally bring an Oasis class to Asia.

After waiting for so long... An Oasis class can finally come down here. Hope it goes to Australia too if possible!

You would think it would be late Monday just to keep things fair:confused:

Kind of confused here though, if I book the Explorer TP over the Radiance am I taking a big chance they will be cancelling on me??

Belinda

I doubt it. If they do move the Explorer they will probably replace it with and Ovation class doing a TP. They are not going to give up on a larger ship to Alaska. The Explorer has maintained firm pricing.

I hope they send ALL the Oasis-class ships to Asia!;p

I have doubts about "most people"....

;p

Flies eat ****!:p

Sorry you weren't happy with your Harmony cruise, but the constant negativity about an extremely successful class of ship on every thread that has to do with the Oasis Class it really getting old.

Thanks :) We always wanted to visit Bora Bora and Tahiti and this seems the best way to accomplish it.

As an RCL loyalist I truly hate to say this, because I had to look in the mirror and make a tough decision for me, but Bora Bora/Tahiti is a destination.... not a 3 day stop over with 20 days at sea on an RCL TP sailing.

If your #1 goal is the destination, RCL's sailings will not cut it. If your #1 goal is the ship, sea days and being on RCL, then this is perfect. In my humble opinion and after quite a bit of research, if your budget allows, the very best way to both cruise and see this part of the world is with another line.

May 5th seems to be around the time of the Hawaii repo

Yes, I agree but do we know if it will be released next week?

I haven't paid attention in the past since releases since I wasn't waiting to book :)

Sorry you weren't happy with your Harmony cruise, but the constant negativity about an extremely successful class of ship on every thread that has to do with the Oasis Class it really getting old.

Let him go on. It just chips away at his credibility. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

As an RCL loyalist I truly hate to say this, because I had to look in the mirror and make a tough decision for me, but Bora Bora/Tahiti is a destination.... not a 3 day stop over with 20 days at sea on an RCL TP sailing.

If your #1 goal is the destination, RCL's sailings will not cut it. If your #1 goal is the ship, sea days and being on RCL, then this is perfect. In my humble opinion and after quite a bit of research, if your budget allows, the very best way to both cruise and see this part of the world is with another line.

Yes, Crystal have a March '19 cruise from Papeete to Auckland that takes in both Cook and Society Islands. A few days on Tahiti before hand and you've got a decent go at the area. We booked a couple of weeks back as it's an area we want to visit and apart from various TPs with endless sea days the only other way is with Paul Gauguin r/t out of Papeete which is nearly as expensive for less ports and shorter cruise.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I have doubts about "most people"....

;p

Flies eat ****!:p

I have friends who do not cruise and almost every one of them when they start asking about cruises say they want to go on the largest cruise ship afloat thinking they'll try the best first. Sometimes it's the right choice but not always. I just wish they could both build the mega ships and maintain the fleet they have for those of us that love the Radiance class.

I have friends who do not cruise and almost every one of them when they start asking about cruises say they want to go on the largest cruise ship afloat thinking they'll try the best first. Sometimes it's the right choice but not always. I just wish they could both build the mega ships and maintain the fleet they have for those of us that love the Radiance class.

Or start building a Radiance class sized equivalent

Or start building a Radiance class sized equivalent

I would love to see this happen but would be shocked to see them actually do it. They seem a lot more interested in getting the new cruiser than keeping the dedicated ones.

Yes, Crystal have a March '19 cruise from Papeete to Auckland that takes in both Cook and Society Islands. A few days on Tahiti before hand and you've got a decent go at the area. We booked a couple of weeks back as it's an area we want to visit and apart from various TPs with endless sea days the only other way is with Paul Gauguin r/t out of Papeete which is nearly as expensive for less ports and shorter cruise.

You missed the awesome 10 and 12 day itineraries Oceania offers.

My ex-wife did Paul Gauguin there last yr and loved it...