Still two Gala Nights on 7 night cruise?

fann1sh

Believe it or not, I can't find this information on the HAL site. I'm not saying it's not there - just that new format means I can't find it in the FAQ's.

So, with the tweaked dress code, are the number of Gala nights the same?

Normally, yes, there are two Gala nights on a 7-day cruise. It would be unusual circumstances that would change that.

I believe the 2-Gala night standard is for up to a 13-night cruise.

The exception is a Collector's Cruise that's 2x 7 day cruises. In that case it jumps to 4 Gala Nights.

The exception is a Collector's Cruise that's 2x 7 day cruises. In that case it jumps to 4 Gala Nights.

That's not exactly an "exception", since there are two Gala nights in each 7-day cruise. There are people on each of them for one week only, and those people have 2 Gala nights in their 7 days.

My 39 day successive (combination of four Collector's and back to backs) last year had 8 Gala nights---2 per cruise of 12, 7, 7, and 13 nights. Each of the separate cruises had 2 Gala nights per cruise.

But mine was not a 39-day cruise. Had it been, there would probably have been 4-5 Gala nights (I don't remember the increments on the scale).

That's not exactly an "exception", since there are two Gala nights in each 7-day cruise. There are people on each of them for one week only, and those people have 2 Gala nights in their 7 days.

My 39 day successive (combination of four Collector's and back to backs) last year had 8 Gala nights---2 per cruise of 12, 7, 7, and 13 nights. Each of the separate cruises had 2 Gala nights per cruise.

But mine was not a 39-day cruise. Had it been, there would probably have been 4-5 Gala nights (I don't remember the increments on the scale).

I only mentioned it because we were on a 14 day Collector's Cruise with people who weren't expecting 4 formal nights, so I thought I'd mention it here.

I guess some people don't understand that there are several differences between one 14-day cruise, and two 7-day cruises in succession. Whether those two cruises are back to back or Collectors' is a function of pricing, and nothing else.