silly question involving muster drill on NCL

Bookbug53

They can't move the drill much later as it will clash with the restaurants opening for dinner.

That sort of timing is very common in Europe. The make up drills the next day can be fairly busy.

Got both your point. Thanks.

They want the crew and passengers ready for 5:30 dinner openings.

The only cruise I have seen done differently is the Sun in Alaska where they actually stop dinner service for muster.

On the mega ships, they use hand scanners. One, it shows the face of the person being scanned (positive ID). Two, it is providing real time data to the bridge on the number of "missing" passengers. Allows them to delay the start of muster info if lots are not at their station yet.

We havent had this experience. Our musters on Getaway in particular have been absolute chaos. Not comforting if one were a worrying type.

We have jsut given the room # to a grouchy attendant. Of course dealing with the drunken nitwits at our last 2 musters I would also be grouchy.

We just sailed Getaway September 4. Our cards were scanned. I also noted in dailies that EVERY DAY had a Makeup Muster Drill scheduled. I guess they just print that always...even on the last sea day. I suppose someone could have gotten on the ship at the last port and still needed to attend a MD.

On BA this past week my father in law didn't go to muster and never made it up. He also said he didn't go last time he sailed on BA. I don't agree with what he did or know why he didn't go, but nothing was said or done by NCL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On the Dawn we did not attend the MD due to the medical needs of my daughter. A crew member did knock on our door during the muster drill asking to take us down to the drill, we let the crew member know that the access officer had told us to stay in our cabin during the drill and to attend the make up the next day.