New york port and transportation

kkmiausa

I have never been at the Port of Manhattan. Does anyone know what pier the Quest uses? I read there is a water taxi at Pier 79 and would like to take it to the World Trade Center Memorial. Or should we just walk over to Times Square and get a taxi from there? I read that it is about a mile or so to walk to Times Square. Can anyone confirm that please? We are on the Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale trip that departs on October 21.

According to the NY Cruise Terminal schedule its Brooklyn.

Thanks for this!

Last time I checked - several weeks ago - it hadn't been updated even though the port change apparently happened quite a few months ago.

When prelim docs arrived and one of the excursions detailed a '60 minute drive from the ship to the Museum of Modern Art' that pretty much confirmed my suspicions that we would be in Brooklyn. Checked with friends who said they believed the terminal would be Brooklyn.

Edited by Isklaar

Certainly not as convenient as the Manhattan Cruise terminal but I don't get the 60 minutes. They must be going the long scenic route. Unless driving during peak traffic times the drive should be no more than 1/2 hour from the Brooklyn Terminal to MOMA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, I must say to me the biggest drawback to the Brooklyn location is you don't get to sail by the Statue of Liberty. To me that was the highlight of the one time we sailed in and out of New York on the QE2. It was so incredibly moving. You will see it off to your left when you go into the Brooklyn Terminal but won't sail by it.

Certainly not as convenient as the Manhattan Cruise terminal but I don't get the 60 minutes. They must be going the long scenic route. Unless driving during peak traffic times the drive should be no more than 1/2 hour from the Brooklyn Terminal to MOMA.

This particular excursion would be on a Monday morning, arriving at MOMA around 9.30 am so I'm guessing they're accounting for traffic.

Just to be clear I'm not whining about the time it takes. I was making the point that when I read their estimated travel time I realised that we weren't docking in Manhattan as that would be much quicker travel time to MOMA.

I'm not sure why this port change has happened, do you know why kkmiausa?

Oh, I must say to me the biggest drawback to the Brooklyn location is you don't get to sail by the Statue of Liberty. To me that was the highlight of the one time we sailed in and out of New York on the QE2. It was so incredibly moving. You will see it off to your left when you go into the Brooklyn Terminal but won't sail by it.

I thought about that when we first noticed the port change then I realised we were going to Brooklyn!

Oh well never mind, not to be disappointed, I've been on the Circle Line and Staten Island ferries a few times ;)

I'm meeting SB friends on this cruise and none of us is keen on this port change, having all been to NYC many times previously. With the change we miss a sea day (my favourite) and St John, New Brunswick Canada which looked like one of the more interesting ports on the itinerary. Now we have an overnight in Brooklyn instead! :D

Save

Yes, I know you were not whining. Maybe some Manhattanites can chime in but I even at 9:30 I find Seabourn's 60 minutes estimate quite excessive. And on the bright side you will be close to some delicious famous Brooklyn style pizza.

Yes, I know you were not whining. Maybe some Manhattanites can chime in but I even at 9:30 I find Seabourn's 60 minutes estimate quite excessive. And on the bright side you will be close to some delicious famous Brooklyn style pizza.

I need to find the best Brooklyn pizza place so any recommendations are welcome! :)

You can catch the 69, I think! bus right by the terminal to the henry street subway stop then go anywhere. Or walk to the Ikea store - not that far and catch their free ferry over to manhattan . Or just take a nice walk once out of the terminal down Columbia st to Brooklyn bridge park and then find plenty to eat underhand around Brooklyn bridge. that said its not manhattan