Check your rates...price drop

lkjcruiser75

I called, and got my drop, and lost my current onboard credit that I had at booking. I still have a credit just would have been nice if they would have added my new one to what I already had.

That's the way it works. I learned my lesson the hard way a few cruises ago. I submitted a price reduction form (without talking to my PVP first) and ended up losing more than what I gained. Ever since then, I always call my PVP first, before I submit the form, to find out if it's to my benefit or not to submit a price reduction form.

We must have WAY overpaid - we booked quite a while ago for the Sunshine Dec 31 8 day Southern cruise. I called and they said we got $769!!! However when I log in to Carnival and check, it doesn't show that, it only shows $50 onboard credit. Where will it show the $769 credit? Thank you so much and thanks for posting this, it's only our second cruise so we are still figuring out the ins and outs. I really appreciate any help!

We must have WAY overpaid - we booked quite a while ago for the Sunshine Dec 31 8 day Southern cruise. I called and they said we got $769!!! However when I log in to Carnival and check, it doesn't show that, it only shows $50 onboard credit. Where will it show the $769 credit? Thank you so much and thanks for posting this, it's only our second cruise so we are still figuring out the ins and outs. I really appreciate any help!

If you haven't made your final payment yet, it most likely will have subtracted the $769 from your balance due (that's what happened for us in the past). If you had already paid your final balance, your $769 credit should show up in your cruise docs. You have to go to the "manage your booking", select the print cruise documents option, and then select "print general information" and submit. A pdf file of your cruise docs will load, and on the "invoice" section, there is a section for onboard credit (page 4 on my docs). It should show up there.

My Vista 6/11/17 cruise fare is the same,but now includes a $50 obc.Will they include the obc if I call them,or is the early saver price guarantee just if the price itself drops?

If everything else is the same, ie: cabin class etc, then you should get the OBC. I just got a $50 OBC for my January "Conquest" cruise. Price was exactly the same, but now it includes the $50 OBC. THANKS CARNIVAL,,,I'll take it! ;)

"SKY"

If everything else is the same, ie: cabin class etc, then you should get the OBC. I just got a $50 OBC for my January "Conquest" cruise. Price was exactly the same, but now it includes the $50 OBC. THANKS CARNIVAL,,,I'll take it! ;)

"SKY"

Got the same, additional credit, for two. A small price drop for one. Upgraded a cabin on another. It is worth the effort to check your prices. Can take some time.:)

Thank you all so much!

I am brand new to cruising but am learning so much through this forum.

I checked my rate and it had not changed but $50 onboard credit had been added so I called and got it!!

I really appreciate this forum! I am addicted!

Carrie

"SKY"

I was able to get the $50 credit,so happy it worked out,thanks

Of the 3 cruises we have booked, one is completely sold out, on the 2nd one our category is sold out and on the third the price is the same on the Past Guest Rate that we booked under.

I will not switch to the deal with the OBC because it has a cancellation penalty, according to the rep I spoke with. We are more than a year away from that one and alot can happen in the interim. As we get closer to the sailing, and plans become more definite, I will look for sales, and at ES rates, to see if there is something we can upgrade to, or get a lower price on our 8B > 8D.

Edited by DebJ14

Right after booking ES, our rate (OV) went up and stayed that way until I paid it off. After that, it dropped back down to the original price. I did discover that the balcony rate came down. So, I upgraded for dirt cheap. :D This will be our first balcony.

Good to know. Constant checking really pays:)