Fort Lauderdale changes Sunday liquor sales rules

POA1

Excellent. That is nice for us. Late flight in on Saturday for a Sunday cruise, used to be hustling to Total Wine before close at 11pm. Now we have a bit more time to shop and enjoy before heading to the ship.

I was so happy to hear we will probably be getting our own Total Wine here in Nashville soon. Their selection is wonderful as is their staff. Family owned too. :)

Thanks for the information. Some people are going to like that.

Here in PA we just started to have some of our Liquor stores opening at 11 on Sundays and a few of our grocery stores now sell wine every day of the week -- but no more than 4 bottles a day.

(Bolding and red coloring mine) Wow, why bother selling only 4 bottles a day? :rolleyes:

Sorry KK, I couldn't resist.... :)

(I know it means "per person". Right?)

Edited by 0bnxshs

(Bolding and red coloring mine) Wow, why bother selling only 4 bottles a day? :rolleyes:

Sorry KK, I couldn't resist.... :)

(I know it means "per person". Right?)

I grew up in Pennsylvania. Trust me. Four bottles on a Sunday is a huge improvement.

You should see the old beer sales rules. If you want a 6 pack, you had to go to a bar. If you wanted 2 six packs, you went to a bar. If you wanted a case of beer, you had to go to a beer distributor. Want 3 six packs? Go to a bar, but take a friend. One person is limited to two 6 packs. Wine and liquor were only sold at "State Stores." No price competition. Pretty much the same selection everywhere. Hours weren't terribly consumer friendly. State Stores were staffed by highly paid, unionized employees. They weren't allowed to make any wine recommendations.

Thanks for the information. Some people are going to like that.

Here in PA we just started to have some of our Liquor stores opening at 11 on Sundays and a few of our grocery stores now sell wine every day of the week -- but no more than 4 bottles a day.

These kinds of laws are ridiculous; it doesn't really prevent anything.

Years ago New York State allowed wine stores to open on Sundays - but they had to close another day of the week. (That has been changed, they can be open any day but there are still some limits on hours allowed). Grocery stores can sell beer, liquor stores cannot. There must ne some loophole for grocery stores to sell some wine, but I have not seen any bottle of wine I would want to by i a NY supermarket (and I am not that picky!)