Halloween cruise.

johnsose2

We are booked for the Halloween cruise on pride and was wondering if we need to bring candy for trick or treating? Also when will they do trick or treating? The 31st falls on a Monday which if I remember rite is the first elegant night in the mdr. This our first Halloween cruise and both my kids who are 4 and 8 are excited lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We are booked for the Halloween cruise on pride and was wondering if we need to bring candy for trick or treating? Also when will they do trick or treating? The 31st falls on a Monday which if I remember rite is the first elegant night in the mdr. This our first Halloween cruise and both my kids who are 4 and 8 are excited lol.

You can bring candy and pass it out to the crew and friends.

It depends on your ship. Triumph does trick or treating for the kids, the crew will hand out treats at certain stations up to age 12 I think it is. No you won't need to bring candy but you can if you want (if you ship participates). I know you can find list of ships that participate but don't remember where. Try going to carnival FAQs and putting in Halloween, see if that pulls it up. Or just search it to find it on the net. Triumph goes all out for Halloween, we are on it this year. My kids are too old for the Trick or treating 23, 17 and 15 but are so excited to take part in the dressing up and Halloween parties.

Ok it is listed in the FAQ section on the Carnival site it's called Frightfully Fun and kids up to 17 get to trick or treat so guess 2 of mine will do it. Yay lol

Edited by poobears

We'll be on the Pride the week before Halloween. Do they decorate the ship?

They only decorate it for the Halloween week cruises:

'Frightfully Fun', our Halloween celebration on board is always a fun and a memorable time aboard a Carnival ship with a variety of fun-filled activities for all. Halloween will be celebrated on October 31st on most ships - cruise departures are listed below.

Ships will be decorated on embarkation day (or no earlier than October 26th for longer cruises)

2016 Cruise Departures

Carnival Breeze: October 30

Carnival Conquest: October 29

Carnival Dream: October 30

Carnival Ecstasy: October 30

Carnival Elation: October 31

Carnival Fantasy: October 31

Carnival Fascination: October 30

Carnival Freedom: October 29

Carnival Glory: October 29

Carnival Imagination: October 29

Carnival Inspiration: October 31

Carnival Legend: to be announced

Carnival Liberty: October 31

Carnival Magic: October 29

Carnival Miracle: October 30

Carnival Paradise: October 29

Carnival Pride: October 30

Carnival Sensation: October 29

Carnival Spirit: to be announced

Carnival Splendor: October 30

Carnival Sunshine: October 28

Carnival Triumph: October 29

Carnival Valor: October 30

Carnival Victory: October 30

Carnival Vista: October 21

I was on the Dream last year for Halloween, and I hardly remember seeing any kids at all. I think we saw a couple while waiting to board, but I really don't remember seeing any on the ship. Definitely none in costume during the party. Kids have school then, therefore I wouldn't expect to see many sailing that week. So honestly, I wouldn't waste valuable suitcase space by bringing candy with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Luggage permitting, you can. But you and your kids can enjoy your costumes.

We'll be on this cruise as well!! Can't wait!!

I was also wondering how does formal night work with it being Halloween? Costumes in MDR?

I am sailing on the Valor over Halloween and all 10 of us are dressing up in costumes. We also want to dress for formal nite which is usually the 2nd nite but that is Halloween. Anyone know how formal nite will be handled on this 4 nite cruise?

..... I wouldn't waste valuable suitcase space by bringing candy with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can buy some in port. We buy candy we haven't been able to find in the States. Usually go to grocery stores and, in Mexico, piñata stores.

Edited by SadieN

I am sailing on the Valor over Halloween and all 10 of us are dressing up in costumes. We also want to dress for formal nite which is usually the 2nd nite but that is Halloween. Anyone know how formal nite will be handled on this 4 nite cruise?

It's the CD who plans the activities. Better to bring both.

We were on the Splendor for Halloween and it was a lot of fun! Lots of photo ops, ship decorations, adult costume party, special Halloween dessert in MDR. For the kids there was a Trick or Treat scavenger hunt around the ship hosted by Camp Carnival. You visited various locations around the ship based on a cute little map and got candy at each location.

Camp provided bags too. The Trick or Treat ended with a kids dance party in one of the lounges. Our son was 3 at the time and really enjoyed it and there were lots of young kids on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by 092306

We were on the Pride last year for Halloween, plus two years prior. They did not decorate the ship until the day of Halloween. Then they had an adult costume party in the main area next to guest services. There was no trick or treating really, we did leave a "scary" pirate mask on our cabin door with a bag full of chocolate gold coins...pirate bounty.

Our grandson wore his costume the day before and the day of Halloween. People did wear their costumes to the MDR.

Our grandson did do a trick or treating scavenger hunt with the kids club. He had fun, grampa was tired.