Restaurants closse to Miami Hampton Inn near the airport?

LadyLeo84

Have never cruised out of Miami before. We're arriving in the evening pre-cruise and wondering if there's any good restaurants for dinner that's within very close walking distance of the Hampton Inn by the airport. Is that a safe area to walk? Also, is there a grocery store nearby?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Across the street (NW57th Ave) in the shopping center is Anacapri. It's Italian and pretty decent. There's also a Casa Juan, kinda of a Caribbean/ Cuban mix. I have no idea how good it is. You'll need to walk down to 7th Street and cross at the light.

There is a Publix in the shopping center.

A couple of blocks down on the same side of the street as the shopping center are Donde Pepe and MI Gitana two reasonably good Spanish places.

Neighborhood is all business.

Across the street (NW57th Ave) in the shopping center is Anacapri. It's Italian and pretty decent. There's also a Casa Juan, kinda of a Caribbean/ Cuban mix. I have no idea how good it is. You'll need to walk down to 7th Street and cross at the light.

There is a Publix in the shopping center.

A couple of blocks down on the same side of the street as the shopping center are Donde Pepe and MI Gitana two reasonably good Spanish places.

Neighborhood is all business.

CREWSWEEPER;

We will be arriving at the Miami airport about 8:30pm. Would you say that it's safe to walk in the area around 10 at night or would we be better using UBER or a taxi?

These places mentioned are directly across the street. I don't think a taxi or Urber would pick you up. Maybe you can get the hotel shuttle to take you. But the street is lit as is the parking lot. Not sure how long the kitchens are open for the restaurants. That would be the issue. I believe all have websites so you can google them. You can get up in the AM and go to Publix before you head tot he port.

These places mentioned are directly across the street. I don't think a taxi or Urber would pick you up. Maybe you can get the hotel shuttle to take you. But the street is lit as is the parking lot. Not sure how long the kitchens are open for the restaurants. That would be the issue. I believe all have websites so you can google them. You can get up in the AM and go to Publix before you head tot he port.

Thanks CREWSWEEPER! I appreciate the info. You are probably right about how long the restaurants may be open. Hadn't really thought about that. May just pick something up to eat at the airport or at PUBLIX.

Thanks again. . . .