Victoria - Public Bus

nycnut

Stop is on Dallas road at Montreal - veer to the right as you walk away from the ship (where Western Stevedoring is on this Google Map is about where the ships actually dock). Any bus that stops there will get you into downtown (30/31), buuuuuuutttt - since you need exact change in CAD of $2.50pp and they don't take USD, you might just want to walk (free, 20 mins direct or 40 if you go the scenic route around the water side) or split a cab with 3-4 other people (CAD$10, they will take USD cash though probably at a crappy exchange rate, and should also all take Visa/MC) which will cost you the same per person as a bus - less even with tip if you get 5 of you in there...

Google is integrated with bus routes, so you can Google map wherever you want to go and just click the little car, bus, and person icons to see what the cab route, bus routes, and walking routes look like. To price a cab for further away sites, use taxi fare finder.

Thank you for the information. According BC Transit website, I can purchase an all day pass on the bus for $5 CA and pay in cash. I will be in Vancouver for several days so I should have that amount. I just wasn't sure where the bus stop was and what bus to take. You've answered my question. It looks pretty easy to take the bus around Victoria.

Thank you for the information. According BC Transit website, I can purchase an all day pass on the bus for $5 CA and pay in cash. I will be in Vancouver for several days so I should have that amount. I just wasn't sure where the bus stop was and what bus to take. You've answered my question. It looks pretty easy to take the bus around Victoria.

Yes, that's correct so even if you just plan to head downtown and back you may as well buy one Daypass rather than two separate tickets. If you're coming armed with local coins or small bills the major hassle for tourists using buses is also negated.

You were asking about transit in Victoria and then said you will be in Vancouver for several days. Just to clarify..... VIctoria is the capital of BC on Vancouver Island and Vancouver is a city on the mainland. I am not sure if you are visiting both, if so check if the transit pass will work in both places.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You were asking about transit in Victoria and then said you will be in Vancouver for several days. Just to clarify..... VIctoria is the capital of BC on Vancouver Island and Vancouver is a city on the mainland. I am not sure if you are visiting both, if so check if the transit pass will work in both places.

The OP will be in Vancouver before they head to Victoria and will have Canadian Dollars available to buy the pass once they arrive in Victoria. They aren't trying to use the pass in both places, they were just saying they will have CND to use.

The OP will be in Vancouver before they head to Victoria and will have Canadian Dollars available to buy the pass once they arrive in Victoria. They aren't trying to use the pass in both places, they were just saying they will have CND to use.

Ah yes, I misread what they were saying.