Delos vs Lindos

Cruise NH

We're looking at tours to both these locations and I'm wondering if they are different enough to visit both, or is one better then the other.

I know that's a subjective question but they seem very similar to me, but maybe they're not. Any guidance is welcome.

We have no physical limitations so that's not an issue.

I found them to be very different.

Delos is an entirely deserted site -- no one lives there now. It is full of amazing ruins from the Hellenistic and Roman era mainly, when Delos was a thriving commercial port and slave trade center throughout the Mediterranean. It was also a very sacred site to the Greeks.

Lindos has its Greek acropolis (as do many ancient Greek cities), which is overlaid with more recent medieval fortifications. But it is also a charming Greek village with winding streets and whitewashed houses and churches.

Thanks cruisemom42. It helps to know they are different so maybe we will go to both especially as Lindos has a quaint little town to visit.

I know Delos requires a ferry and that Lindos is some 30 miles from port. Is there regular transportation to Lindos? Maybe we could avoid doing the 'tour' thing if there is.