airfare to fll

cruisinkeri

I am trying to buy airline tickets for my daughter and her fiancee who will be married in March. They are cruising Mar. 11, the cheapest I have been able to find is $758 for 2 tickets roundtrip. This is actually a little cheaper than a couple of weeks ago. Even Southwest is higher. Is this a good price, it doesn't seem so!! Should I hold out any longer? Thanks!!

I am trying to buy airline tickets for my daughter and her fiancee who will be married in March. They are cruising Mar. 11, the cheapest I have been able to find is $758 for 2 tickets roundtrip. This is actually a little cheaper than a couple of weeks ago. Even Southwest is higher. Is this a good price, it doesn't seem so!! Should I hold out any longer? Thanks!!

Where are they flying from???

See the price on air tickets (from ...to...) from all airlines,

on the site www.shoppingnowonline.com :)

Try searching on www.kayak.com or www.itasoftware.com. These are search engines that search other sites. They'll pull up flights on most airlines, except for the low costs like Southwest. You may have better luck searching alternate airports like Miami for Ft. Lauderdale. Search engines like these will search nearby airports for you.

I just did a search on Kayak for March 11th returning Mar. 18th. The lowest fare it came up with a $408 per person (plus taxes and fees) fare on Delta which leaves Kansas City at 6:55am and arrives in FLL at 1:25pm. Return flight 1:05pm from FLL arriving in KC at 8:45pm. But I narrowed it down to flights arriving in FLL (or close airports) by 2:00pm and leaving FLL after 12pm (general times for catching a cruise and returning from a cruise).

thank you for all suggestions- I cannot find a decent fare from KC to FLL. What about this idea- this sound crazy? I found rountrip on SW from KC to Orlando for $215 each. Then they can rent a car in Orlando for $27 one way to FLL. They will fly in on March 10, get in at 10:30 PM, pick up car at airport, stay in Orlando, drive to FLL in am, drop off car at airport, go to port. On the way home, pick up car in FLL, drive to Orlando, spend the night, drop car off in am at airport, fly home. The hotels are also a lot cheaper in Orlando. I don't know what the deal is with FLL, everything is very expensive- even for Spring Break. This would still save around $200 off of the cheapest rate I could find to FLL. They are young and don't mind the hassle (honeymoon!!). This this sound absolutely crazy?

Let me preface this by saying I am a very thrifty person. In my experience, it would not be worth it to go through all that to save $200. I wonder, if in reality (gas for rental car, time at the rental places, etc), how much you would really be saving. Just my opinion :).

Marie

I don't know what the deal is with FLL, everything is very expensive- even for Spring Break. This would still save around $200 off of the cheapest rate I could find to FLL. They are young and don't mind the hassle (honeymoon!!). This this sound absolutely crazy?

It's because it is spring break that everything is expensive. Ft. Lauderdale is trying to move away from being the popular college kids destination so they are raising their prices to discourage college kids from going there.

Archived