Taxi Stand at Barcelona Cruise Port

lidorose

We are a party of 6. I was wondering how easy it would be to get a cab from the ship to the airport - is there a taxi stand there where someone could call one for us since I'm not sure taxis that fit 6 are readily available? We would leave about 8:00 a.m.

Otherwise I will book a private transfer.

Thank you.

While each taxi line will have a dispatcher on duty to maintain the efficiency of the taxi lines, they will sometimes try to get a large party to accept a 2 taxi solution.

While the number of taxis that can accommodate up to 7 passengers in Barcelona has dramatically increased, the problem is often that when seats 6 and 7 are in use they are taking up space that would have normally been used for baggage and thus the baggage compartment can be reduced to where fitting the 6 passengers luggage might be an issue.

The taxi dispatcher will first try to have the large party wait to the side and then call over to the holding area to advance a 7 passenger taxi. If one is not in line or the holding area they must have one dispatched and an additional 2.70 euro will be added to the fare.

Thank you very much. We were planning on taking a cab from the airport to our hotel as well, but if we each have one suitcase and one carry-on, do you think they'll put us into two taxis? If that is the case, private transfers will be a better option.

Edited by lidorose

• 3 weeks later...
We are a party of 6. I was wondering how easy it would be to get a cab from the ship to the airport - is there a taxi stand there where someone could call one for us since I'm not sure taxis that fit 6 are readily available? We would leave about 8:00 a.m.

Otherwise I will book a private transfer.

Thank you.

I cruise from Barcelona regularly and based on my experience ...

There is a taxi stand and a regular line of taxis waiting to take passengers. There is also a very long line of passengers which can result a 20 mins+ wait. A dispatcher will allocate a taxi for you. For 6 passengers, you will need 2. They do not have large minibuses.

For convenience you might want to consider private transfer but I have always chosen to join the line though and get a taxi.

It might not be so busy at 8:00am. I usually get off the ship a little later.

The taxi stands at the port are well established and efficiently run. Taxis were lined up ready to roll as soon as we were off the ship (early). On another cruise, when we left the ship late, we watched the nearly empty line of people getting taxis slowly increase in size as the morning passed and more passengers left the ship. As said above, it looked to be a 15-20 minute wait for a taxi at it's peak, but that was not for lack of taxis. The taxis just kept rolling in. The delay was due to the number of people in line that had to get in the taxis. All-the-while, the line was moving and taxis came and went, efficiently run by the taxi coordinator at the head of the line.

We are a traveling party of 4 adults from BCN Airport to Hotel in City. each with 1 large suitcase and a carry-on. Can we fit in 1 Taxi likely? do they charge per person or per taxi.

Trying to determine if a private transfer would be more economical.

Thoughts?

We are a traveling party of 4 adults from BCN Airport to Hotel in City. each with 1 large suitcase and a carry-on. Can we fit in 1 Taxi likely? do they charge per person or per taxi.

Trying to determine if a private transfer would be more economical.

Thoughts?

Taxis are charged per taxi, not per person. I suspect you will need two taxis.

There was a fixed rate of 29 eur from port to airport last year. Has that deal gone or is it still available this year?

Edit: just saw the leaflet on another thread, the price should be available still.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Miryam1234

I am afraid you are confused, there has never been a fare airport-port for 29€.

The fare port-airport and vice versa is rather recent, in an agreement between the City Hall and the Taxi Institute. It's called the T4 fare and is a flat 39€ (thirty-nine) all included... per taxi = up to 4 passengers.

What you saw 29€ it's not a fare, it's a campaign run for some time that indicates that the fare airport-city centre is AROUND 29€ -plus supplements, plus traffic conditions!

I am afraid you are confused, there has never been a fare airport-port for 29€.

The fare port-airport and vice versa is rather recent, in an agreement between the City Hall and the Taxi Institute. It's called the T4 fare and is a flat 39€ (thirty-nine) all included... per taxi = up to 4 passengers.

What you saw 29€ it's not a fare, it's a campaign run for some time that indicates that the fare airport-city centre is AROUND 29€ -plus supplements, plus traffic conditions!

Thanks for thte clarification.

So I remembered right - I mean I had 39 eur on my post (as that was what I remembered seeing before), and after I saw the leaflet , I edited my post to 29 which obviously is something else. However, it does say approximate price to include 2 luggage

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51210810&postcount=5

We'll be arriving on a Thu morning, and we'll put our daughter (aged 19) to a taxi directly to airport and we ourselves will be staying at Barcelona for the weekend. I just want to be sure my daughter will not have to fight with a taxi driver over the price - it's good to know that the price should not be more than 39 e for her.