Canaveral question??

gnomedog

We're driving to Canaveral on the 18th to sail on the 19th on the Glory. We're staying Friday night at the Hilton. They offer a ride to the terminal, and you can leave your car at the hotel. May I have opinons on whether it would be quicker/easier/better to do this, or take our car and park it at the terminal? Reading a lot about long lines to drop off luggage, etc.

Thanks!

It depends on what you have to pay for the lodging plus parking for the length of your cruise. The attached website shows packaged pricing for hotel plus parking. http://www.parksleepfly.com/index.php?referredBy=APR&trackID=

It doesn't appear to be particularly cheap. I think that parking at the port is around $12 per day, but the rates go up so quickly, I can't keep track. Parking at the port, though, is reasonably convenient.

Consider taking a cab to the port from your hotel. We were in Cocoa beach and got a cab from the Raddison for 10.00 plus tip. Only had to wait 10 minutes for the cab to show up. Got to the port before anyone who was waiting for the shuttles.

The cabbie gave us his business card and we called him when we got back into port and he took us back to the hotel.

MUCH easier to do it this way In My Opinion.

We use the Park 'N' Fly option a lot in Detroit. Very convenient to take the hotel shuttle back and forth to the airport. Sounds like it would work the same for the port. If you haven't, make sure you sign up for HiltonHHonors and start collecting points:)

We're going on the Glory, the 5th. from Port Canaveral. There is a BIG bunch of us who've met via Roll Call who are staying at the Radison right by the port. You can leave your car there for no charge and they have a free shuttle to take you to the port. They have so many guests going on cruises, you have to make a reservation for their shuttle! WE are looking forward to save the $15 a night they charge to park your car at the port!!!!

Archived