Carnival ship/s question

beshears

There is about 8 of us that plan to cruise in March next year. We are on a small budget, and I found these ships going the direction that we would like to go.I have a few questions, and if you have been on one of these ships, within the past year, would you please tell me your likes/dislikes of any of any of these ships?

Breeze

Dream

Freedom

Glory

Magic

Splendor

Any advise one way or another (yes I know this is YOUR opinion, but that is fine) on any of these ships, would really help.

Edited by beshears

We have been on the Freedom out of Galveston. It is a good ship, good crew.

We have been on the Magic out of Galveston, very nice ship. It has been upgraded since and moved to Port Canaveral. We are sailing on it again in March.

Sailed the Glory last summer... the ship and crew were nice. Shows and music were top notched. We found many of the passengers on our trip were rude and unpleasant. I don't know if it was just the itinerary or because so many passengers were non-USA citizens. It made us both uncomfortable at times with all the pushing and shoving and rudeness.

Been on all of the ships. The Glory was showing its age the last time we were on it. The breeze and Magic are both good ships. The Splendor all thought a smaller ship was one of our favorites. I'm sure no matter which one you pick you will have a great cruise. Happy cruising.

There is about 8 of us that plan to cruise in March next year. We are on a small budget, and I found these ships going the direction that we would like to go.I have a few questions, and if you have been on one of these ships, within the past year, would you please tell me your likes/dislikes of any of any of these ships?

Breeze

Dream

Freedom

Glory

Magic

Splendor

Any advise one way or another (yes I know this is YOUR opinion, but that is fine) on any of these ships, would really help.

I see we are neighbors. I lived in Gladstone for awhile. I've been on Breeze, Dream & will be on Freedom in 3 days. And will be on Splendor in Feb. Using MCI as our departure airport, I found getting to NOLA or Galveston easier. Have a great cruise.

Was on Magic this summer .We really liked this ship, especially the Lanai deck, which provides a quieter and less crowded alternative to the Lido (there are hot tubs, which were usually empty, and plenty of loungers) and a shadier and cooler alternative to Serenity (lots of cozy furniture conducive to conversation). There are some food and drink options on this deck, not just on Lido.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh my, you ALL are getting me so EXCITED with all your responses back, and it is still some time before March. I definitely plan to check out some of your suggestions as well that you have posted.

Banditswife, oh my, so you did or do live in Gladstone, what a small world. Yes I always fly out of MCI (you should know how close that is to Gladstone), and I really wanted to wait another week, but it looks like my son who works for the school board is tight on money with a large family, we will have to go the week before, so this way he won't have to take off from work. I am trying to work (actually here at work) on this, as well as going to Branson in October, and then Arizona in November, so as you can guess the time will fly by.

I do have a couple more questions. In regard (I haven't had time to check them out individually) to the Breeze and Magic ships, are they probably the largest (I don't mind the size one way or another) ships of the ones I mentioned?

My other question, I believe one or more than one mentioned about being upgraded? If you were, do you think this was because you had booked your room/s early, on your own, or through a TA?

Brenda

Oh my, you ALL are getting me so EXCITED with all your responses back, and it is still some time before March. I definitely plan to check out some of your suggestions as well that you have posted.

Banditswife, oh my, so you did or do live in Gladstone, what a small world. Yes I always fly out of MCI (you should know how close that is to Gladstone), and I really wanted to wait another week, but it looks like my son who works for the school board is tight on money with a large family, we will have to go the week before, so this way he won't have to take off from work. I am trying to work (actually here at work) on this, as well as going to Branson in October, and then Arizona in November, so as you can guess the time will fly by.

I do have a couple more questions. In regard (I haven't had time to check them out individually) to the Breeze and Magic ships, are they probably the largest (I don't mind the size one way or another) ships of the ones I mentioned?

My other question, I believe one or more than one mentioned about being upgraded? If you were, do you think this was because you had booked your room/s early, on your own, or through a TA?

Brenda

Breeze and Magic are the same class, and the largest I believe. Love the Breeze. Glory was enjoyabel, but no Breeze. SIL was so so on the Magic (she lives about 40mins from MCI). How do the itineraries stack up?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Breeze

Dream

Freedom

Glory

Magic

Splendor

My favorite Carnival ship is the Glory! I am going in 2 weeks again just love it!!!

Thank you everyone for responding even more, which I appreciate. I just got back from a short vacation, and still trying to catch up. :) We don't know our itinerary as yet, other than it will be around the 20th of March, as my son has the large family and it is spring vacation time, and he will not have to take additional time off, since he works for the school.

All of your ideas/suggestions sound wonderful, and when I get a chance, (still having to figure out what my friend and I will be doing next month, when we go to Branson, this will be the BIG one to figure out the Caribbean itinerary, as well as ports, etc.

Another question just dawned on me, when you left the Carnival ship recently, did you use the Valet service that Carnival offers? It has been a couple years since we used it, (We flew to the Caribbean April of this year, but only San Juan was the main airport, and they did not offer the Valet service there) and it was wonderful, having them taking the luggage that we would not need on the plane with us, and delivering to our home airline base.