Currently onboard the not so Dreamy Dream

dsykes2

This may be a dumb question, but that is what Cruise Critic is for. What do you mean by Playlist? I always enjoy the shows. I don't know what one means by Playlist. Please explain. I would appreciate it so much.

http://carnivalentertainment.com/playlist/

Playlist Productions is Carnival's overhaul of onboard entertainment. To my knowledge, only the Playlist Productions stage shows are on the Dream.

On board the Dream right now having a blast on my 13th Carnival cruise. Very impressed by Emily stepping up and taking on the CD role. Girlfriend and I have never had as much fun on a cruise as we did with the "unicorn" last night at the Carnival Quest. Excellent weather all week and very relaxed atmosphere/guests!

Sounds a bit risque':D

We are currently sitting in Montego Bay spilling fuel into the water. Had to divert a sick passenger to Cayman last night (did not affect arrival into Jamaica). As soon as we left Cayman we had another emergency with a sick passenger (thoughts for her family as it did not look good, however kudos to carnival for trying to assist). Hoping the rest of the cruise goes smooth. We have a new cruise director named Emily the Unicorn who is literally wearing a unicorn onesie. I just sailed on this boat in July, and all was great. Totally different feeling this time.

Well I am an offshore worker on boats and rigs and platforms and what you see there is not much of a spill, that is a sheen. You would be amazed how little fuel it takes to create a sheen like that. Being they did not place out recovery booms to control it or collect it, it is not much. Also it is not much of a fire hazard if any at all as the fuel they use on cruise ships won't light from a dropped cigarette. It is not flammable at normal temperatures so no one was really in danger. In fact if you went down there and tried to light it on purpose you would probably never succeed. Also you really don't know that is fuel, could be one of many hydrocarbon chemicals that look the same as fuel when on the water.

Why. Because of unfortunate people who had medical emergencies or Dream in general. On Dream in Feb. My complaint. On Valor. debarkation, 103 temp. Made decision to go to doctor 830 am to make sure I could get on a plane. No doctor or nurse on ship. If he said he was busy with a passenger or meeting, I would understand. I know they are contract people. Person Gave me over counter med but kept insisting I go to hospital. I did and they got me off ship fast. Yes had flu and went home on plane with mask and gloves. My TA said Celebrity got into trouble because no doctor or nurse was available on last day. Didn't want to deal with paperwork. Never charged. Will take gloves and mask just in case in Feb. Did get flu shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have only read this far...I just say big kudos to you for your responsibility and kindness to others...many would not take such precautions...:).

On board the Dream right now having a blast on my 13th Carnival cruise. Very impressed by Emily stepping up and taking on the CD role. Girlfriend and I have never had as much fun on a cruise as we did with the "unicorn" last night at the Carnival Quest. Excellent weather all week and very relaxed atmosphere/guests!

SWEET! We're on the Dream in like 7 weeks or so... just adding to the excitement.

THANKYA!

We are currently sitting in Montego Bay spilling fuel into the water. Had to divert a sick passenger to Cayman last night (did not affect arrival into Jamaica). As soon as we left Cayman we had another emergency with a sick passenger (thoughts for her family as it did not look good, however kudos to carnival for trying to assist). Hoping the rest of the cruise goes smooth. We have a new cruise director named Emily the Unicorn who is literally wearing a unicorn onesie.. I just sailed on this boat in July, and all was great. Totally different feeling this time.

:eek::confused::eek:

We are currently on board the Dream also. Overall we have been disappointed with this cruise.

We didn't notice anything unusual in Jamaica with the oil.

Prayers to the family of the passenger who go sick and from what I understand passed away. I believe I saw the family exiting this morning in Cozumel. So sad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here is your picture of the Unicorn. From talking with other guests they seem pleased with her since she seems to be more of the "night life" personal. Talking about dancing with her in the nightclub etc. not my scene. They have closed the aft pool as of yesterday, seems repairs are currently being made. Everything else has been pretty smooth. We did have another medical evacuation in Cozumel. Hoping all these folks recover.

image.jpg.8d381ae9660356e306b9ee6dab15c3d8.jpg

Here is your picture of the Unicorn. From talking with other guests they seem pleased with her since she seems to be more of the "night life" personal. Talking about dancing with her in the nightclub etc. not my scene. They have closed the aft pool as of yesterday, seems repairs are currently being made. Everything else has been pretty smooth. We did have another medical evacuation in Cozumel. Hoping all these folks recover.

She looks fun :D

Hoping for speedy recoveries for the medivaced folks. Also hope they had insurance!

We were on the Sept 11-18 Dream. Not our favorite but we have only done 4 previously. We could not believe there were 4 medical emergencies. Two people passed away before they could get them off the ship. The other two - one was a divert to Cayman https://www.caymancompass.com/2016/09/14/medical-emergency-prompts-carnival-dream-to-make-unscheduled-stop/ and the other was last night when the helicopter landed on 12 aft. Why 4 things in one week? I never saw even one before?

We thought food was just decent. Not great. Did not like Montego Bay. Cayman and Cozumel were both spectacular. Curious what everyone else thought?

Almost glad to be home, after all those medical emergencies. The trip over all was underwhelming. We just went on the dream on 7/3/16 and the trip was over the top. I guess we went in expecting more than we got this time.

Everything was "ok" just nothing over the top. The food was good, service for YTD was pretty good, service for brunch and breakfast in MDR was TERRIBLE.

Room steward had us choose a morning or afternoon cleaning, I asked if both are available I was told "no", I did not feel like debating on it, but since the form says "morning, evening or both" I would think both is still an option.

We are planning another trip for December, and I am sure we will go with the Dream again, possibly Triumph, just hope next cruise is a little more impressive.

We are currently on board the Dream also. Overall we have been disappointed with this cruise.

We didn't notice anything unusual in Jamaica with the oil.

Prayers to the family of the passenger who go sick and from what I understand passed away. I believe I saw the family exiting this morning in Cozumel. So sad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same with us. We had an amazing trip as we were a group of 17 people and loved seeing each other.

Unfortunately, the ship was terrible. We hated the general layout, the aft pool closure on the last sea day (MAJOR bummer for kids), the fact that we didn't have a single hot meal the entire week and dinners took over 90 minutes due to slow service, had to ask for chocolate milk and soda (had cards) every night and rarely got either before desserts were served, etc. And to the poster who noted the size of cruise ship pools: Yes. They are all small. The Dream is a huge ship and only has 2 pools...so when one is closed...it's not good.

On a positive note, our room steward came twice a day despite us choosing mornings only. He did an amazing job!

We have been loyal to Carnival, but may expand our horizons in the future...it just wasn't the experience we've had in the past.

Edited by lucyddr

DSYKES2

I am sure you must be back home by now. Hope you had a great cruise. We are leaving on October 9th on this same cruise. Can you give us any idea as to what to expect. The highlights... the lowlights. What did you do in each port? There will be seven of us in our group. We are staying in New Orleans for two days prior to leaving. Any info will be appreciated.

DSYKES2

I am sure you must be back home by now. Hope you had a great cruise. We are leaving on October 9th on this same cruise. Can you give us any idea as to what to expect. The highlights... the lowlights. What did you do in each port? There will be seven of us in our group. We are staying in New Orleans for two days prior to leaving. Any info will be appreciated.

I am also on the October 9th cruise ;) Don't let others distract from your vacation. I am excited, and ready to be on the ocean.

DSYKES2

I was on this cruise, as well. I personally had a great cruise. The only downside for me was the rather mediocre food (with the exception of the pizza, Indian food, and the steakhouse), but I've honestly come to expect that from Carnival, so it didn't mar my cruise. I was in a spa balcony and definitely used the spa quite a bit. I tried every massage they offered, I think! My favorites were the Thai poultice massage and the hot stone massage. The spa ladies are pretty hard with the sales, so you just have to let them know that you aren't interested in the products (although, I did buy a couple, since I do like Elemis products).

My cousin and I basically winged it in each port. In Jamaica, we hooked up with a couple of people and shared a taxi for an all-day tour of the area for $30/person. Jamaica is my least favorite of the ports that I've been to in the Caribbean. The people are so, so, so pushy about hawking their tourist stuff.

In Grand Cayman, we walked to Eden Rock Dive Center and snorkeled there for most of the day. It's free if you have your own equipment, but is pretty cheap to rent equipment/lockers, too. Really great snorkeling, we saw a lot of fish and even a sea turtle! Just turn right from where the tenders drop you off, walk about 10 minutes or so, and the dive center is on the right, just past Paradise Bar/Restaurant.

In Cozumel, we got a taxi to Paradise Beach. $3/person for a chair and umbrella, and $10 minimum food/beverage purchase. You can pay some more and get to use the floats, kayaks, snorkeling stuff, etc., but we didn't. We did go parasailing, though, which was a blast. If you do anything like that, though, remember to haggle the price. They'll start high and usually go considerably cheaper.