Possible Hurricane Karl In The Making

torchd

This tropical depression started a couple of days ago off the coast of Africa and was predicted to travel off to the NW. Looks like the projected path has shifted and is traveling more westerly towards Leeward Islands.

This tropical storm is not expected to have rapid intensification as it travels the less favorable conditions across the Atlantic.....

Thanks, I guess???.....:rolleyes:

You're very welcome.

I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, so I hope this doesn't come across that way...it was Marine boot camp. I really didn't give it much thought once I arrived :eek: LOL. All I do remember is that we were on a bus from Savannah after dark, so we didn't see much.

I guarantee you had a much better time than I did :)

Sorry - forgive this lifelong civilian... Marine boot camp. Parris Island for the east - Camp Pendleton for the west. Seriously, no offense taken - I saw what the devastation looked like through central South Carolina and I'm sure Parris Island was just in as bad a shape in '89, so I'm definitely sure your Marine training was more intense because of it.

Yes, I can definitely report that my playing tour guide to my grandmother and my wife was eleventy-seven thousand times easier, but your experience was MUCH, MUCH more important! BTW, Savannah is actually where we ended up because of Charleston being trashed - small world.

Hurricane season is over with towards the very end of September.

It's still early, yes, but looks to be moving westward to our ports of call....

Having lived in Florida almost my entire life I'm pretty clear on when hurricane season is. You however not so much.

Hurricane Georges was in October also if I remember correctly in 1998. My wife and I did a land trip to Key West. We flew into Miami and I remember driving down route 1 and seeing some damage in the upper and middle keys. Key West was had minimal damage.

This tropical depression started a couple of days ago off the coast of Africa and was predicted to travel off to the NW. Looks like the projected path has shifted and is traveling more westerly towards Leeward Islands.

This tropical storm is not expected to have rapid intensification as it travels the less favorable conditions across the Atlantic.....

It's that time of the year.